Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ringman

Doom RPG on PC?

Anyway to play the doom rpg on a pc? Perhaps using a mobile phone emulator. And do mobile phone emulators exist, and if so where?

I've attempted to Google search for such a thing before, and I have not been able to find a mobile phone emulator, nor have I found a place where I can obtain a copy of the Doom RPG (as you have to purchase it before you can download it, and this obviously requires a mobile phone with service).

Unless you somehow found some backwater Russian warez site that distributes such things, I don't believe it's possible to run Doom RPG on the PC.

I would purchase it without a doubt, but it'd be nice if they made it accessible. I mean why not release a pc version, or at least a GBA version?

I'd like to see it converted into a FPS, but with the same monsters, weapons, maps, except graphics on par with the Pc version. As the maps seem to be simpler (similar to Wolfenstein 3d), and are only 10 (I think) it would be easier than DOOM 64 to rebuild in pc, yet it'd require a lot of work (edit sprites from DOOMs and Wolfenstein, draw some new ones, draw new textures or use DOOM 3 textures, design new maps following the layouts of the RPG, new monster behaviors). It could turn into something interesting.

Vegeta said:

I'd like to see it converted into a FPS, but with the same monsters, weapons, maps, except graphics on par with the Pc version. As the maps seem to be simpler (similar to Wolfenstein 3d), and are only 10 (I think) it would be easier than DOOM 64 to rebuild in pc, yet it'd require a lot of work (edit sprites from DOOMs and Wolfenstein, draw some new ones, draw new textures or use DOOM 3 textures, design new maps following the layouts of the RPG, new monster behaviors). It could turn into something interesting.

The hell with that!
LET'S MAKE A DOOM MMORPG!!!!

NeoWorm said:
Lets make DooM MMOFPS!!!

Hell, I even thought about attempting a serv/client mp source port with regular dm, but use a big map and crank up the player limit to like at least 100+ o well.
But seriously, how come a majority of the ZDaemon\Skulltag servers are so laggy (esp. ZD)? I mean I play Q4 or an MMO with less lag - is it cause a lot of the servs are international?

Ringman said:

Anyway to play the doom rpg on a pc? Perhaps using a mobile phone emulator. And do mobile phone emulators exist, and if so where?

The J2ME wireless toolkit comes with an emulator that apparently will play Doom RPG.

interesting proposal on making our own doom rpg, I'm not entirely sure how the doom rpg plays, but if we could get doom to mimic that, it'd be cool. I'm up for recoloring the monsters as that only takes an hour at the most. However it appears that they are only using Front view sprites as the dog is from the Mac wolf3d not the PC wolf3d and it uses only front view sprites.

I'm up for some of the art end of the project, but as for the rest, I really can't say as I've never played the game.

Edit: oops, you said you wanted to make it an ACTUAL FPS, my bad, I thought you meant to recreate the game in doom. Well that wouldn't be as hard, though I guess we could just use scripting to make Monsters of various strengths then. I'm still up for the idea.

Another option is to do the DOOM rpg as a fps with the wolf3d engine as it has most of the capabilities to recreate it thanks to all the source modifications out there, and is simpler in mapping and such then doom.

So I found a version of the original DOOMRPG if anyone was interested

you can find it here: https://archive.org/details/DoomRPG

17 minutes ago, Natetheninja said:

So I found a version of the original DOOMRPG if anyone was interested

you can find it here: https://archive.org/details/DoomRPG

try not to revive old threads dude

Just now, omalefico32x said:

try not to revive old threads dude

I just noticed how old this thread is and i am now going to question my sanity

Just now, Natetheninja said:

I just noticed how old this thread is and i am now going to question my sanity

relax you are new here after all i dont think anything is going to happen just remenber to double check if there are any recent posts before commenting