Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
agntno9

tripwires?

Hey, I'm having a bit of trouble with this.. I'm using doombuilder (doom in hexen) and I cant figure out how to make a 'tripwire' to make monsters teleport into the room.. can anybody help me? Oh, and did anyone even bother to try out my personality wad? Like 80 people went there and no one gave me any feedback..=/

AgntNo9

Make two dummy sectors which is 64 x 64 and merge, make one a teleporter and raise it so the monster cant reach it, make sure that the monster isn't deaf or anything, and when you do the thing thats supposed to release them, the teleporter sector lowers to the height of the sector the monster is in and the monster can teleport in. If it's a big monster then you of course make the sector bigger.

I did something along those lines, but I think that the monsters aren't hearing me or something, because they never walk through the teleporter.. They aren't deaf either, so I dont know what up.. I even tried using an Alert tag, but nothing changed..

AgntNo9

agntno9 said:

I did something along those lines, but I think that the monsters aren't hearing me or something, because they never walk through the teleporter.. They aren't deaf either, so I dont know what up.. I even tried using an Alert tag, but nothing changed..

AgntNo9

Try linking the rooms in some way without making it too suspicious

Craigs said:

It does the same thing to me, No matter If I join the sectors together so one would affect the other. Its either they dont come or only one or to come and the rest are just mulling around in there.

Craigs said:

It does the same thing to me, No matter If I join the sectors together so one would affect the other. Its either they dont come or only one or to come and the rest are just mulling around in there.

Your monsters must be A) No deaf (see the actor properties), there most be a teleport destination with the right tag or in the tagged sector (depending on format of the map), and 3 the line def that has the Actio 97 (doom/boom format) or 70 (Zdoom-doom in hexen) must have the activation type of "monster walks over", instad of either "player push" or "player walks over". I have a tutorial wad that shows how to do this in Doom format. If You need it, I can e-mail it to you. Just send me a PM.

Lance MDR Rocket said:

You are using ZDoom, yes? You could just write a script with a Thing_Spawn command.

that'll work. Thanks for the link!

AgntNo9