Gusta

Nilla demos [-complevel 2]

DSDA page

Β 

Hello!

I recorded two demos for Nilla.wad:
Map03 max in 6:54
Map04 max in 6:10
These demos were sent to Doug. Btw. Anybody for another maps? It shouldn't be hard to complete whole pack as there are only 7 maps.
Credits to Use3d for this great wad!

Edited by Maribo

I love you!!

Hope to see more recordings! Nilla2 is also in production which brings map count up to 20.

Great, I am looking forward to play the sequel! :)
I like also maps 5-7, but those will take more time to build a route and record. I had some health and ammo problems, ecsp. in map07 is lack of shells (for me:). Btw. I really like initial fights in that map :)

I did a demo for map02 some time back and someone(I think Angus, not sure though) did map01. So in theory only maps 5,6,7 remaining.

Yeah guys I saw both your demos were pretty good so I carried on undone maps 3-7.
I tried map05 yesterday, two hours without an exit, damnit, that one is great but needs some more health or armor. If I record that map it will probably be a VERY carefully played demo (still some hitscaners and lost souls around - that's a suicide to play risky without armor).

Map5 is one of the hardest. Remember to get the secrets! It is possible to become trapped in a secret too so watch that :P

I had to take furniture and ammo out of map7 at one point to avoid overflowing the savegame buffer in vanilla doom2. It made the map pretty tight. Rely on your plasma gun!

Just watched them. Great demos! You play Map03 almost exactly like I do...
Map04 was very entertaining to watch, thank you!

Nice demos Gusta. One thing I noticed. In map03 when you take the yellow key ithink that you can jump down into the slime and use the platform you used after getting the armor. Atleast I remember doing it when I was playing the map. Unless it was a different map and I got it mixed up somehow.
And Use3D, looking forward to Nilla2.:) Be sure to get some Vile Flesh music there if you can, I love the VF music. :p

That map03 was a first exit I hope I will record some better and more aggresive demo in the future.
Use3d: I think savegame overflow buffer is a bug whch is rather overlooked nowadays, pls don't worry about that in nilla2 maps. Btw. Tell me if you need some testing :)

Yeah, I got kinda neurotic about doom2.exe compatibility with Nilla, the maps in Nilla2 are a little more focused. I would love to have more playtesting, the first 3 maps in Nilla got playtesting by the likes of AgentSpork and Erik Alm, but the last few were only done by me, so they have a few bugs.

I recorded some of Map01 and Map02, they came out good! I've done a few map5 runs, its very important to use infighting! I was able to finish with over 100% armor and so-so ammo reserves.

I looked at map06 for a bit. And either I missed a switch somewhere or the only way to finish that map is to use an Arch-Vile jump. Which one is it?
/edit: nevermind, I'm blind. :D

Use3D said:

Nilla2 is also in production which brings map count up to 20.

What the hell happened to this? D:

Why is the demo table not complete for this superb classic? It plays and feels just like Alien Vendetta.

MAP01 - NM-Speed in 1:27

This was a hell of a lot harder then it looks.

ni01nm-127.zip

I never want to see this piss taking, infuriating son of a bitch ever again, everything can and will go wrong constantly. I can't believe I even considered this on Nightmare, way too many hitscanners everywhere.

MAP02 - UV-Speed in 3:07

ni02-307.zip

Hi! Thanks so much for recording some more demos! Nilla2 is still in the works! There are also some minor bugs which are being addressed in the original maps, but they are mostly cosmetic. I may just end up ignoring them to not break these great demos. I know it is possible to get stuck in one of the secrets in map05. Thanks again for taking the time to play these!

2 hours ago, Billa said:

Cool WAD, shame Nilla2 never materialised.

What's the relationship between Billa and Nilla?

1 hour ago, GarrettChan said:

What's the relationship between Billa and Nilla?

We don't talk about my estranged twin Nilla.

On 10/30/2013 at 3:24 PM, DeletedUser said:

I never want to see this piss taking, infuriating son of a bitch ever again, everything can and will go wrong constantly. I can't believe I even considered this on Nightmare, way too many hitscanners everywhere.

MAP02 - UV-Speed in 3:07

ni02-307.zip

oh thank god you recorded this demo, the red keycard was driving me crazy. XD