Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RamboBones

The Four Second Project

I have once again been working on the idea of getting map1 of Doom2 done in <5 seconds. This time using a 4player coop recording. At the moment I have this which comes in at 5.03 seconds. Right now I'm totally out of ideas. I need help from the rest of the doomworld community for ideas on how it would be possible to take of just TWO MORE TICS!! That's right, just two more little tics and the impossible will be done!

To kick off the discussion here are my thoughts. Everything pretty much seems to ride on how long it takes for the exit door to be opened, I reackon that if I could open the door 2 tics faster then the rest would be easy. This is because the guy doing the rocket boost to the exit actually has to slow down to wait for the door (although yo ucan't tell in the replay). As to how to get those two tics of well.... I'm out of ieas. So if you have any ideas at all please post so we can discuss and lets achieve the impossible!

Oh, dear. :-/
I'm sorry, Adrian, I didn't mean to remove the ground from under your feet... I thought the idea of a 4-player coop and the demos themselves were really cool. If you can get it down to 0:04.97 nobody would be happier than I (except for you of course ;-D). I'll examine the demo closely tomorrow (leaving for a concert now) and see if I can spot any obvious improvements.

RamboBones said:

I'm out of ideas.

Movement begins from the second tic in all your demos.

P.S. I am sorry too. It not the truth.

Neat-o! Lovely coop shortcuts there! :-)
Please do finish it (if you have the time and energy), it would be something very unique.

Your name has been mentioned several times (not only in news posts but also in your own textfiles, such as 10uv0322.zip). If you feel it's too personal to use your real name, I'll just call you Rambo. ;-)

Kristian Ronge said:
Your name has been mentioned several times (not only in news posts but also in your own textfiles, such as 10uv0322.zip). If you feel it's too personal to use your real name, I'll just call you Rambo. ;-)

Ahh that's okay then feel free to keep using it. Just a bit of a shock to have your real name used on the net when your not expecting it. And you can call me Rambo if you want but if you start abbreviating it to RB or Ram like some people I'll reach through your ethernet cable and rip out your throat.

To answer whether I will continue this is a bit complicated.

Previously I'm sure your aware (in fact you made reference to) that I've done two built episode 1 demos now. I have had to stop them at level 10 due to my replay editor simply desyncing making it impossible to continue despite how much I wanted to. I know monsters contribute to desync so I thought 'what if I do a nomonsters run?'. The problem with that was that monsters are *required* for some shortcuts in a standard ultra violence run. So I thought of doing a coop run. The disadvantage still is that I won't have the ability to do arch vile jumps. So in short unless I somehow get desyncs I *WILL* finnish this demo!!