• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vegeta

Any way to extract sprites from Cyclones? And a question about Witchaven

I'm particulary interesed in this guy
http://www.ibiblio.org/GameBytes/issue20/flooks/cyclone2.gif

Any place where I could see the Witchaven/2 bestiary? All the monsters I saw were rubbish, yet I keep the hope that may be at least one decent that could be useful for my mod (then download the demo, or ask someone with the full version for sprites)

I don't know of any programs that let you extract graphics from Cyclones, but I do know that particular monster also appears in Necrodome. XWE is able to extract some of the sprites from that game, many of them monster graphics, so you might want to check there.

As for the Witchaven series, I've used XWE to look at the monsters in Witchaven and most of them are pretty crappy. There are a few that are somewhat decent looking, but you might want to look elsewhere for fantasy monster graphics.

Do you know where to download the Necrodome demo? I tried without any luck. Yet I never learned well how to use XWE, would it be so much of problem to extract these sprites and whatever medievil like monster (if any other) and send it to alexisaiello@hotmail.com

Thanks for the info. I feel like a lazy dumb sucker, but I can't get a working download for the Necrodome demo, in one site it was an empty zip file, in the other there was an installer that the first time was open by accident in the main drive C directory, I removed the files but when I try to open it again it doesn't work anymore, some long error message in the DOS-box is displayed, probably a corrupt file asI may downloaded it from a diferent place (can't be sure).
The character I'm looking for is planned to be a main enemy, I'll keep trying to get it to work, but if someone can send me the sprites or the file/s that contain them I'd highly apreciate the favour.

Frederick the Great said:

To extract graphics from any game that uses the BUILD engine you must get hold of a program called EDITART - it's very easy to find on the net, and can view all the art from any game that uses the Build/Duke nukem engine.

Yeah, except Cyclones isn't a BUILD game but rather Raven's own proprietary engine called STEAM (LOL! SUE VALVE PLEASE).

The monster you want might be a modifed version of the Fighter from Hexen. They look very similar, atleast. You could easily modify the fighter to look more like said monster if you cannot extract it.