Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

Poorly targeted ads

I'll admit to clicking that particular ad when I saw it. In the long run, I think many will come to appreciate my honesty... Yes?

Coopersville said:

I'll admit to clicking that particular ad when I saw it.

It's people like you that make the advertisers keep invading websites. ;)

That last one might go well with my pleated skirt. Great, now I have to go shopping for blouses...

Technician said:

Forget about shopping. Non of you had the decency to tell me I had a run in my hose.

Is that a ladder in your tights, or just a stairway to heaven?

Enjay's chat-up line service: getting faces slapped for generations. ;)

I'm sure someone could do something with that pink number. I have no idea what, though. Go on the game, perhaps?

That ones not poorly targeted at all. Doomworld has plenty of furries.

I've never actually even noticed the ad banners before. The Hell? Oh well, take care of all your Doom needs, then pick out a new purse, pretty sound concept :p

Enjay said:

Is that a ladder in your tights, or just a stairway to heaven?

Enjay's chat-up line service: getting faces slapped for generations. ;)

heh, I have to use that line next time i go drinking :D

myk said:

They're for Katarhyne and Nanami.

But they turned out to be males, so who is left?

BadhKo I guess.

She posts occasionally where her opinion or knowledge is relevant and has been around in the Doom community forever.

Just realized : how is it poorly targeted, when males, the dominate audience for this site, happen to have girlfriends that happen to like handbags. Maybe they'd see that banner and be like "OMG quick gift, yay" and then go boink her or something.

You gotta think outside the box, Andrew, my boy.

Um BBG most DW users dont have girlfriends, so they certainly arent buying a handbag for that wishful thought

You gotta think inside reality Andy, my boy.

HobbsTiger1 said:

Um BBG most DW users dont have girlfriends, so they certainly arent buying a handbag for that wishful thought

You gotta think inside reality Andy, my boy.

But alas, not all of them are pathetic as you (:-P) and I'm sure at least a small percentage of users has a girlfriend and a I know that a couple of Doomers are married (some even have kids).

So we narrow it down to the people that are married/engaged/have a girlfriend, and narrow it down even further to people that would actually click on the ad, and we have...well certainly not that many people. I'd certainly call it poorly targeted.

Also, someone who brags about his sexual escapades with a 30-something woman whilst he was under the influence (during the escapade, dunno about the bragging) has no business calling anyone else pathetic in the area of the opposite sex.