Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

playing vanilla demos in source ports

What port is best for doing this? I'd prefer a windows port, and I'm looking at playing back the doom done quick (d2dq2116) and tyson lmp's.

Well, not for me. There might be something wrong with your iwad. Make sure you have an unaltered 1.9 iwad. If necessary reinstall it from your original disk (and apply the upgrade patches if you have version 1.666).

What version of Prboom are you using? It desyncs on map02 in the original Prboom 2.02 (from 1998), because it didn't emulate the sleeping sergeant quirk. Recent versions have much better compatibility. In the above list, I am referring to the latest versions of those ports.

Not sure how to tell which version, but I downed it about 2 months ago... For that matter, what about checking my iwad version? *******ely haven't altered it, and it's been on my drive for 3 years - I believe it was installed from a compilation between the most recent (that included ultimate and final) and, well, the original doom2... I think it's the master levels version...

invictius said:

Not sure how to tell which version, but I downed it about 2 months ago... For that matter, what about checking my iwad version? *******ely haven't altered it, and it's been on my drive for 3 years - I believe it was installed from a compilation between the most recent (that included ultimate and final) and, well, the original doom2... I think it's the master levels version...

The right one should have the following md5 hash:

25e1459ca71d321525f84628f45ca8cd *doom2.wad

HTH. :)