Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReX

Return From Oblivion - Part Deux

Chris Couleur, team leader of RFO, sent me a bunch of terrific screenshots from his 3 maps. I have put them up on my site, and you can go directly to that page. You can read up on that and other news at the Home Page.

Looking great, but I think your levels look even better!

Do you have any idea how close this project is to completion?

Wonderful ! :)

And I believed the RFO project was dead due to the lack of news in Team TNT's website...

I working on three maps for the project...hopefully I'll get more time this evening to work on them. We'll get there...:)

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Yay Chris Couleur's Eternal maps all over again!

This project looks pretty bitchin even though I'm not a fan of the midievil theme.

In retrospect Team TNT is probably the most ridiculous add-on crew ever.

They released the first ever commercial Doom project, even though it was built before one of their freeware projects that ended up being released first.

They built the first real source port in Boom which everyone seems to have forgotten about.

They somehow managed to go through Eternal I, II, and III even though it's basically one and the same megawad which confused the fuck out of me way back when.

They released the most expansive ZDoom megawad ever despite the fact that they're the ones who invented Boom (and weirdly enough, the Millennium engine was based on Boom).

They announced Eternal IV over two years ago. Even if I had been aware of this at the time, I certainly would have given up all of hope of it actually existing right now.

The last visible on their website was May 18, 2004. The end of the entry reads, "Now for a week's vacation. Seeya.." This is a long time without an update for a team that's apparently still active.

There's still a link to Ragnarok on the front page of the website. Good Lord. That reminds me that I never finished reading the Ragnarok storyline, which appeared to be the only part of the game that was actually ever developed.

Please finish Ragnarok.

Is Ty Halderman still in charge?

Also just now I clicked on the music link which in turn led me to Tolwyn.com, whereupon I discovered that Tolwyn is alive and kicking and is remastering like every megawad music ever which made me blow a load in my pants.

Also I got to have a chuckle at the expense of the Seahawks blog entry on Tolwyn.com.

This was such a holy shit experience. It really brought me back to like 1998.

Oh my god Impulse One. Out of all the Tolwyn/Klem CDs this and MM2 disc 3 were the only ones I never got around to buying.

Kid Airbag said:

In retrospect Team TNT is probably the most ridiculous add-on crew ever.

They released the first ever commercial Doom project, even though it was built before one of their freeware projects that ended up being released first.

I don't see how this is ridiculous.

Kid Airbag said:

They built the first real source port in Boom which everyone seems to have forgotten about.

Actually DosDoom was first, and Boom is still a Doom community standard.

Kid Airbag said:

They somehow managed to go through Eternal I, II, and III even though it's basically one and the same megawad which confused the fuck out of me way back when.

It's not confusing, it was released as 3 seperate wads back then. Episodes if you will. Only thing that is ridiculous is that the complete wad for some reason is often reffered to as "Eternal Doom 3".

Kid Airbag said:

They released the most expansive ZDoom megawad ever despite the fact that they're the ones who invented Boom (and weirdly enough, the Millennium engine was based on Boom).

Milennium engine was based on MBF, and later Eternity. And why is it ridiculous to change to a port that support their needs? It's a community. Team TNT laid out the groundwork with Boom, other people built on that/added the support. Only makes sense that Team TNT will use the port based on their work that they find best.

Kid Airbag said:

They announced Eternal IV over two years ago. Even if I had been aware of this at the time, I certainly would have given up all of hope of it actually existing right now.

They never found any intrest in posting news for the sake of posting news. They're a big team, they don't need to extra attention. 2 years is not really much in the world of mod making.

Kid Airbag said:

The last visible on their website was May 18, 2004. The end of the entry reads, "Now for a week's vacation. Seeya.." This is a long time without an update for a team that's apparently still active.

There's still a link to Ragnarok on the front page of the website. Good Lord. That reminds me that I never finished reading the Ragnarok storyline, which appeared to be the only part of the game that was actually ever developed.

Yes, their page IS something of a joke. It's way outdated, and pretty old and ugly.

Kid Airbag said:

Please finish Ragnarok.

Yes, please do.

Kid Airbag said:

I think he resigned after daedalus. Atleast he said he would.

kristus said:

I don't see how this is ridiculous.

I wasn't using ridiculous negatively. Mainly the word usage stems from the fact that I had no idea TeamTNT was still active, and the fact that they were not only also active in like 1995, but that I was also eagerly awaiting the release of Icarus back then is pretty crazy IMO.

Milennium engine was based on MBF

Wasn't MBF based on Boom? The ancient Millennium beta I have looks a lot like Boom or something that was derived from it.

Oh and whatever happened to Ultimate Invasion? Wasn't that supposed to be a TeamTNT thing?

Kid Airbag said:
Wasn't MBF based on Boom?

Yeah, some wacky dude called Killough suddenly picked up the Boom source and started tinkering with it for some reason.

Kid Airbag said:

That has been a long time. Like, 23 months and two days ago. I should probably do something for the 2nd anniversary of that update, like announce I'm back from vacation.

Actually I never got past about 8? 11? chapters in that story and stopped. You've seen as much of Ragnarok as you'll probably ever see, in the storyline and the new monsters at the end of Daedalus. That one's not going to see the light of day.

Was I ever? Let's just say I'm still paying the hosting fees for teamtnt.com, but that's about it.

This team working on RFO is about the end of TeamTNT probably. I've volunteered to provide FTP space and a forum, stuff like that, and to do the builds (been over a year since that happened too). I've pretty much exited other than doing the idgames archive work

...and stopping in here once in a while to search for my name :)

OWNAGEOWNAGEOWNAGEOWNAGE
OWNAGE BY KRISTUS!!!!11

I have to admit though, I didn't like Daedalus too much. The first part consisted of running from one deck to another, hunting down some stupid command consoles just so you could get to the bridge!
Come on people, TNT can do better then that!

I also find it hard to believe that ANYONE could find Eternal Doom confusing. Although the maps were massive, they weren't super complex and difficult. UNLIKE SUSPENDED IN DUSK <_<

I did find it pretty down right stupid though, that they MARKETED final doom. No new monsters, no new weapons. The only difference was that it contained new levels, new music, and new textures.
EVERY wad does that.

ON TOPIC:
Normally I'd criticize you for stealing that status bar from Eternal Doom, but hey: Team TNT is dead. What do they care?

Craigs said:

ON TOPIC:
Normally I'd criticize you for stealing that status bar from Eternal Doom, but hey: Team TNT is dead. What do they care?

You obviously haven't been paying attention. This is a TeamTNT project.

Craigs said:

OWNAGEOWNAGEOWNAGEOWNAGE
OWNAGE BY KRISTUS!!!!11

Huh?

Craigs said:

ON TOPIC:

This IS a Team TNT project.

kristus said:

Huh?

This IS a Team TNT project.

Ooooh.
Sorry, then why did he say he was the leader of RFO? Did they change their name or something?
Or is this like an independent project.

As for the first part: I was just kiding with that OWNAGE thing.

RFO is short for Return From Oblivion which is the name of the project.