Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mkfanatic

Has anybody else ever played Doom music while they went to sleep?

I don't know if this sounds odd to anybody but sometimes I listen to Doom music while I go to sleep. I absolutely love the music in the games and I find it kind of relaxing to listen to when I go to sleep. Has anybody else done this or am I just crazy?

I usually listen to loud rock music when I try to get some sleep. :P I often have trouble sleeping, and when I take the music off I find it harder.

[offtopic]dutch, did you get my pm?[/offtopic]

Considering topic: This heavily depends on what sort of game music. For example I love the music from the rpg "Silver", even some tracks from "Super Mario World" are kinda pleasing :) But sleeping with Doom music? No!

PSX Doom/Final Doom tracks lull me to sleep. Catwalk and Mt. Erebus are two of my favorites.

I love listianing to E1M4. Aswell as Doom 1's ending tune.
(Not the music you hear when you see the rabbit. But at the end of episode 1 + 2)

Im the type of people that cant sleep with any sound at all. The tiniest noises can wake me up or keep me awake (like the tic-toc of a clock). I must be some wierd insomniac. O_o

I really don't think it's possible. Doom music isn't really supposed to be relaxing, it's meant to get the blood pumping, the heart racing, and keep the slaughter going.

Craigs said:

I really don't think it's possible. Doom music isn't really supposed to be relaxing, it's meant to get the blood pumping, the heart racing, and keep the slaughter going.

You obviously haven't heard the PSX or Doom 64 tracks then...

Da Spadger said:

...I do like E1M2's music though. ^__^

yeah, it's got a good beat to it, but i don't think i could sleep to it though.

i don't mind E1M8's music either.

Well, I once accidently left the PSX version of Final Doom on when I was sleeping. I think it was to the second map in the master levels [Virgil]. It gave me nightmares.

Music is actually one of the factors that have kept me attracted to this game, from time to time. Sometimes I just load up maps with good music on jDoom and enjoy them while just killing time or while taking a short nap in front of the comp if I'm bored and can't think of anything else to do.

I love all the music but my particularly favourite ones are:

Ultimate Doom: E1M2, E2M2, E2M3, E3M3, E3M7
DoomII: Map07, Map27
Plutonia: Map11, Map30
Evilution: Map13, Map14, Map16, Map17, Map25, Map28, Map30, Map31
Map32

DoomII's Map07 and TNT's Map30 are the two I like the most.

Some tracks that I like from some popular PWADs are:

Dwango5: Map01, Map02, Map03, Map04, Map11, Map14, Map18, Map20
Dwango6: Map06
HR2Final: Map15
Icarus: Map30

Really a close call but Dwango5's Map14 and Map20 are the two I seem to play the most.