Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Job

Video card questions...again.

I'm trying to help someone with a tower equipped with PCI-Express 16x find a video card that's decentish, ranging in price from about $60 to $130 to be used for gaming as well as multimedia. They're hoping for either ATI or Nvidia straight brands (not the homo third party stuff) too. Does anyone have suggestions on what models to try or where to try (have been going to Newegg and Tigerdirect)? Thanks everyone.

What do you mean by "homo third party"? nVidia only manufactures chips, not cards, and only in the past several years has ATI been allowing other companies to make boards using its chips as well.

My suggestions: ATI Radeon X1300 or nVidia GeForce 7300.

I don't know of any decent video cards that aren't made by a third party without a huge price tag.

Bloodshedder said:

What do you mean by "homo third party"?

I should've been more clear about that. Do you know of any good third party card manufacturers? I'm under the impression that ASUS brand would be pretty good.

ASUS, eVGA, Leadtek, PNY, Chaintech, Gigabyte, Sapphire, Gainward, Epox, all come to mind. There are other good ones too that I can't think of right now.