Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MmM

Lick it up!

This is a preview of a 'Legion' monster (from the GBA video game Castlevania: Circle of The Moon) that I'm currently making. One side is pretty much complete, but I still need to make two more heads/tongues for the other side with the gaping hole. I started it Tuesday evening and plan on having it finished and painted Saturday (I won't be posting the finished product till Monday though, due to Easter).

This think looks wicked sick!. And an improvment over your previous work. I'm shure it's also easier to do faces on a bigger scale. you've done it justice.

Tango/udderdude: Sorry, but, I don't have the know-how, nor a good enough camera, to make a sprite out of it.

Mivalekan: The only one that can truly 'teach you to art' is yourself. Taking some classes, interacting with other artists, checking out and reading some instructional books from your local library, etc. are all helpful learning aids, but experience is the best instructor. Grab some materials and start experimenting.

MmM said:

Tango/udderdude: Sorry, but, I don't have the know-how, nor a good enough camera, to make a sprite out of it.

Hang from ceiling the freak on a thread against a white room wall, then take eight photos from each 45 degrees.

man that is a work of art! u should start making like 2/3 scale models of doom characters and sell to doom maniacs here on the forum! i know id buy one :P

EDIT: Well maybe not 2/3, but hey 1/3 atleast? ;)

Wow. Well done well done! I wish I possessed half the artistic skill required to do shit like that.

Hey look what you did to the newspaper!

Just kidding, looks cool, and yeah a DOOM monster with that should be great.

Ebon: That'd be a decent start, but I'm sure there's more to the sprite making process than that. And, in any case, like I said, my digital camera sucks, so the sprites would probably end up pretty muddy looking regardless.

Pete The Padre: While I appreciate the interest, selling artwork of copyrighted characters without a licensing agreement is illegal, not to mention disrespectful to the people who created said characters. In other words, I don't want to get a court summons in the mail from ID Software's lawyer(s). If I was ever going to sell Doom figures, I would go through the proper channels and get a licensing agreement from ID first.

Two-thirds, or even one-third scale models, while possible, aren't terribly practical when considered from the standpoints of size and work/materials required. In the toy industy, one usually doesn't see things much larger than sixth (12 inch G.I.JOE/Barbie doll size) or quarter scale (around 18 inches). The largest figure I've ever made is a Transformers Autobot Metroplex which stand around 17 inches tall. Now, I won't argue that a 3-4 foot tall Doom creature wouldn't look cool, but it would take a ton of time and effort to make it happen, and then, I would probably find that I had nowhere to put something so large.

All right, Uncle, I have to admit that does look pretty good in sprite form.