Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Was the Doom movie good?

I didn't see it cause I never became attached to Doom 3 (not that I ever played anything other than a demo of it)

I haven't heard anything from doomer's that have seen it. Sorry if this has been discussed to death already.

No. I fell asleep for the second half of it. Thankfully, I was drinking.

I enjoyed it while at the theatre. But, yeah I'm gonna give in and say it was pretty cheesy looking back. Some cool effects though.

Hellbent said:
Sorry if this has been discussed to death already.

No problem, we never discussed it here before.

I haven't heard anything from doomer's that have seen it.

Best movie ever.

Oh, and Job is a drunkard; don't listen to him.

Better than most Video game movies. for once. I thought the rock did okay. But i hated that portman guy. Glad he died

So yeah. It got my vote. =D

myk said:

Oh, and Job is a drunkard; don't listen to him.

It's true, he's right. Though my love for sweet, sweet alcohol can often lead to interesting perspectives on even the most mundane subjects.

I watched the DVD the other day and it wasn't as bad as I remembered although it's a total piece of dog crap compared to what a Doom movie ought to have been like.

Hellbent said:

I didn't see it cause I never became attached to Doom 3 (not that I ever played anything other than a demo of it)

I haven't heard anything from doomer's that have seen it. Sorry if this has been discussed to death already.

No, the main character is a former wrestler who does not know the 1st thing about acting!

The script writers were obviously drunk when they wrote the lines too.

The Rock
Doctor Carmac's condition... Is that he is dead.

The Rock has done some good movies. The Rundown was awesome in my opinion and Standing Tall was pretty good too. Doom (as Kristian Ronge said) as a sci-fi movie was okay, but as a Doom movie, it mostly sucked and was disappointing as hell. It was kind of cool to see some imps, a Hell Knight, and a pinky demon. The BFG was pretty awesome (again, in my opinion) except nothing gets killed by it (MAJOR SUCKAGE) and the First Person scene was kinda neat but still, over all, as a Doom movie, highly disappointing.

Craigs said:

No, the main character is a former wrestler who does not know the 1st thing about acting!

Wrestlers have to be decent at acting in the first place so that statement is kind of contradictory

Craigs said:

The script writers were obviously drunk when they wrote the lines too.

The Rock was NOT the fucking Doomguy, FFS.

I thought it would've been cool if Destroyer (guy with mingun) turned into a commando zombie.
Also. There should have been some lost souls, revenants, barons of hell. But i still think it was an cool movie

I hoped that the DOOM movie would have some scenes in hell, so you could see some of the cool levels in a new design. I was dissapointed...

It is quite good. Just dont go into it thinking its gonna be like the game and you wont be left with a sour taste in your mouth.

If you were open minded enough to actually play doom3 and not slag it off beforehand then you should be fine.

Ralphis said:

Sorry moron but the Rock is a pretty good actor

Seconded. Compared to other fighter-actors like Chuck Norris, Hulk Hogan or Steven Seagal - Rock seems to be doing fine before the cameras.
Anyone has seen Walking tall with Rock and Johny Knoxville?

Actually, the movie was a lot like Doom 3. Creeping around in the dark(except with a flashlight and gun drawn at the same time) and imps popping out of nowhere. The first person sequence was classic imo, and I see the movie as a good introduction to Doom. Keep in mind, this movie takes place around 2041(can't remember the exact year) where as Doom 3 takes place in 2141...hmmm.

It was the gayest thing ever. It just tried to get with the whole new resident evil crowd of "OH ITS AN EVIL VIRUS"...

It was based off Doom 3 aswell and Doom 3 is arse compared to the orginal Doom and Doom II and it was not based on hell or demons and looked nothing like how it should!

Sierously they shoulda done a late 80's horror/action style for this film.

I actually liked it. Despite the complete lack of Hell, they still managed to capture the feel of the Doom games pretty well. It brought back memories of playing co-op with my brother, back before I knew Hell was even involved in the story.

I personally enjoyed the movie, I'm sure many people will disagree but I thought it was a great movie.

I thought it was a great movie and it felt like they were trying to get the "dark" feel of Doom instead of just the mindless shooting (Which I also greatly enjoy!). As someone else said, as long as you didn't go into the movie thinking it was gonna be just like the game then it was pretty good. I think it was the Rock's best movie so far, actually.

It carried on none of the doom feeling. For me doom was a tale about the end of the world and the invasion. This is pretty much resident evil. But i did like resident evil, a lot!..... so as a sci-fi flick its pretty kwl. But as a doom movie......errr....neh!.

O yea, they've already jumped forwards towards a sequel. It was in developement before doom movie was released so they still have some time to make up for their mistake. But I think we all kinda know that aint gonna happen.

i didn't mind the Doom movie except for that it strayed greatly from the original storyline of the game, and they never gave the BFG much action time. i thought it would appear more in the film.

although the first-person part was awesome:)

Yes, I agree, the first person sequence was classic. But another negative aspect of the movie that no one is bringing up.....WHAT ABOUT THE SHOTGUN!!!! The fps sequence would've even better if it included the shotty.

As a sci-fi horror movie it was 'ok'...

This movie would have been alot better had the rock mutated into a Baron of hell before the final fight scene. I was kind of expecting it and was dissapointed when it didn't happen.