Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vegeta

Some questions about Gzdoom

I have decided to port in Gzdoom my Hexen mod, the monster sprites with the exception of two bosses are ready. Before I think the behaviors to make things balanced and interesting, I'd like to ask a few questions.

-Is it posible to make monster that shoot the Arc of Death attack (mage weapon 3)
-A monster that shoot projectiles from a Z-X-Y coordinate that's like 500 units from the thing radius
-A weapon that uses health instead of ammo
-A projectile that pushes the target harder than what the damage it makes suggest (i.e send flying the target but only cause a 20 hp damage)
-Creatures inmune to certain attacks and not others (a monstet inmune to ice or fire attacks but vulnerable to the others)
-A monster that uses disc of repulsion attack
-A monster that activates its own Dark Servants (minotaurs) that also vanish after a time (and attack the player).
-A monster that when attacks activate scripts as Korax.
-A monster that spawn creatures in the same way as D'Sparil, and also if posible to make it unvulnerable to these

-A monster that shoot projectiles from a Z-X-Y coordinate that's like 500 units from the thing radius
This could be possible with a bit of scripting and an extra monster. I couldn't begin to tell you how, though.

-Creatures inmune to certain attacks and not others (a monstet inmune to ice or fire attacks but vulnerable to the others)
There is a +FIRERESIST tag that makes monsters less vulnerable to fire, but there don't exist any other elemental resistances, nor are there any weaknesses. I've heard the damage system is being redone to support all of this, but I can't say how true that is.

-A projectile that pushes the target harder than what the damage it makes suggest (i.e send flying the target but only cause a 20 hp damage)
If this is for a weapon, you can add the Weapon.Kickback parameter to the weapon. This controls how much an attack will kick monsters back, regardless of how much damage its respective attack does. I'm not currently aware of a way to make it work with monsters.

-A monster that when attacks activate scripts as Korax.
I believe monsters cal call scripts with A_Script. Alternatively, a handful of ACS commands will also work in Decorate, so you might not even need to script anything. I haven't used this myself though, so I'm not sure how well it'd fit your needs.

Thanks that was very helpful. To simplify the reading I put the remaining questions, for any expert that wants to help me here.

-Monster that spawn Dark Servant (that vanish after a time)
-Weapon that uses health instead of ammo
-Monster with disc of repulsion
-Monster that spawn creatures as D'Sparil (but not the disciples), and if posible to make the spawner inmune to the spawned.