Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mkfanatic

PSX Doom Command Center

I've pretty much completed the level but I still hear enemies making noises but there is nowhere else to go. Back near the beginning, where a small pillar lowers and a Baron attacks you, there is another small pillar and a larger pillar, I'm assuming at least one of these is supposed to lower also but it's not lowering. In this room, I hear the sound of something lowering and it is repeating over and over as if something is stuck. Are the other pillars supposed to lower in the PSX version or not?

There's probably one or two, possibly more, lost souls lost in the walls in that map. For whatever reason, that occurred more frequently in PSX Command Center, though other levels had that problem too.

This happend too me too when I killed an pain elemental and the lost souls get stuck in the walls.
Or they get spawned in the void area outside the map, I had this before I could't see the lost soul but couldn't kill it.

I just popped in my Xbox Ultimate Doom and looked through it. I must say, they chopped the hell out of that level on the PSX. Anyways, the second pillar is supposed to come down along with the first one and 2 Barons attack (I'm sure most of you know this). But you are right, a Lost Soul did get stuck in the wall back there too, after I killed the Pain Elemental. I decided to finish the level and I got 105% kills but I only got 75% Secrets which makes me wonder because I got all Secrets except those that were chopped off for the PSX version so I dunno.

Someone explain this to me. I've played through some more levels and noticed a lot of other levels have been chopped up too. What I don't understand is why they chopped most of them up. If you say it is because the PSX is under-powered to handle everything, then why does the Super Nintendo version have no chops at all in every level they keep? The same levels on the PS that are also on the SNES have more stuff missing on the PS version.

I noticed on the PSX Dooms, Pain Elementals have a habit of getting their lost souls stuck in walls more often than on the PC version; I recall at least a couple of times, seeing lost souls get stuck in walls in PSX Final Doom; I could sort of see it wandering around inside the wall at certain angles, it was quite strange. That also sometimes happens in Barrels O' Fun on Doom 2.

Yeah, every time I have run into a Pain Elemental so far, they have gotten Lost Souls stuck in the walls. Kinda odd.

mkfanatic said:

Someone explain this to me. I've played through some more levels and noticed a lot of other levels have been chopped up too. What I don't understand is why they chopped most of them up. If you say it is because the PSX is under-powered to handle everything, then why does the Super Nintendo version have no chops at all in every level they keep? The same levels on the PS that are also on the SNES have more stuff missing on the PS version.

The redesigned levels on the PS were originally designed for the Jaguar, I believe.

Either way, you've got different developers working on wildly different ports, so there are a number of reasons the PS/Jaguar etc. versions could have been chopped.

Technical problems? Maybe. Or maybe creative decisions? Laziness?