Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher`

Mapgame update: Progress: holy god its almost done

Mapgame is almost done. That project probably only five people's ever heard of.

Anyway,
Mapgame is ann episode 1 replacement for The Ultimate Doom. The theme was pretty much INSPIRED by Episode 1, but isn't as such a truely faithful clone. It's grown a lot since then to become its own style, and maybe it'll inspire new memories.

Progress:
Pretty much all 9 maps are completed. All that's left now is final tweaks for details, and a lot of playtesting.

http://manifesteddestiny.com/ravagedw/doom/mapgame/mg.html

Soon, I'll be asking for playtesters. I'd like to know who'd be up to trying it.

I noticed you change the weapons out from the original thread. Were you not satisfied with them or did the alpha weapons fit in better?

Snarboo said:

I noticed you change the weapons out from the original thread. Were you not satisfied with them or did the alpha weapons fit in better?

The 3d weapons didn't fit at all, and that weapon pack was never finished anyway. Currently, the only weapon I've replaced is the shotgun, and it's still got the normal reload frames. I'll work on it some more.

If they were modern "shoot sideways" weapons, good riddance.

I'd still like to know who's up for testing, if you want to test, just let me know.

TheDarkArchon said:

Why, oh why do people use the Wolfendoom Machine Gun as a Shotgun? It looks nothing like one.

It might replace the chaingun. I don't know yet. Right now, it replaces the shotgun, but still has the original shotgun reload sprites. (too lazy to change them all at the time).

Draconio said:
Vanilla compatible? If not, what port(s)?

I was wondering, but I found it says on the old thread that it's standard Doom, but without limits.

Looks good but please don't replace the shotgun. Taking the shotgun out of a largely episode 1 themed WAD is, in my not so humble opinion, the Doom equivalent of pissing on the bible.

JoelMurdoch said:

Looks good but please don't replace the shotgun. Taking the shotgun out of a largely episode 1 themed WAD is, in my not so humble opinion, the Doom equivalent of pissing on the bible.

Heh. I'm still changing the sound at the very least.

rf` said:

I'd still like to know who's up for testing, if you want to test, just let me know.

Gimme gimme gimme gimme

I'll start handing this out to playtesters either thursday or friday. I'll be way too busy with class today and tomorrow.

Stats:
e1m1 - DONE!
e1m2 - DONE!
e1m3 - DONE!
e1m4 - DONE!
e1m5 - Need to implement a brand new monster.
e1m6 - Need to implement a brand new monster.
e1m7 - Need to implement a brand new monster.
e1m8 - Minor tweaking on outdoor detail. Need to implement a brand new monster.
e1m9 - Needs a little more work.

New stuff:
Chaingun sprites replaced.
New monster replacing the spiderdemon: Stationary Sentry Drone (SSD)
Plenty of new graphics to comlement Doom's own set.
Some new sounds.

List of Playtesters:
AgentSpork
Deathz0r
Dr. Zin
Rotting Corpse
RoneKyakone
Tango

Its looking better and better the closer it reaches total completion, I'll let you know more soon.

You've piqued my interest. Sorry I didn't notice this thread earlier, but I'd love to help playtest if you don't mind.

Im still trying to figure out how this is supposed to be EP1 styled. It just looks like a mishmash of the EP1 textures and oldschool style to it really, and also E2 textures too I think. I could be wrong though.

Bloodskull said:

Im still trying to figure out how this is supposed to be EP1 styled. It just looks like a mishmash of the EP1 textures and oldschool style to it really, and also E2 textures too I think. I could be wrong though.

It was vaguely inspired by E1.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I am absolutely forced by the laws of fucking nature to say that this WAD looks absolutely amazing by all rights and perspectives.