Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

most # of spiders/cybs faced in a pwad

Epyo said:

I'm sure it's possible to 100% kills nuts.

Regardless, apart from nuts, what's a level, that is actually meant to be played and is designed as a game and not just an experiment, that has the most?

Epyo said:

I'm sure it's possible to 100% kills nuts.

You'll always be left with an awful lot of cybers to kill with your bare hands. See Espi's 92% kills demo.

If you use dehacked to turn on same-species infighting (Monsters Infight = 221), then it is very easy to kill everything though. :)

The secret level in "The Express Elavator to Hell" (also known as teeth.wad), one of the Master Levels designed by Sverre Kvernmo.

Vegeta said:

The secret level in "The Express Elavator to Hell" (also known as teeth.wad), one of the Master Levels designed by Sverre Kvernmo.

I take it "teeth" is the secret level, as the master levels were only released as individual maps, unless you're talking about the iwad of master levels on psx doom?

invictius said:

I take it "teeth" is the secret level, as the master levels were only released as individual maps, unless you're talking about the iwad of master levels on psx doom?

Educate yourself.

Maybe one of the levels in Cyber Dreams.

Regardless of what we list it wouldnt suprise me if theres some wad in the archive where the author was going through the 'I can put cyberdemons and spiders into a map' phase and it got way out of hand.

HobbsTiger1 said:

Maybe one of the levels in Cyber Dreams.

Regardless of what we list it wouldnt suprise me if theres some wad in the archive where the author was going through the 'I can put cyberdemons and spiders into a map' phase and it got way out of hand.

More than likely, but I doubt that would result in a playable or well-designed level...

The Hell Revealed megawads have a bunch of maps that have several Cyberdemons and Spider Masterminds. Then again theres the levels that Dario Casali made, Punisher (punishr.zip) and Seej (seej.zip) also have quite a few Cyberdemons and Masterminds present for the player to mow down.

Alien Vendetta also comes to mind.

Is it just me or did it seem like a rule for Av "Each level must contain 60 arch-viles and 20 Cyberdemons?"

OmegaJ4 said:

Is it just me or did it seem like a rule for Av "Each level must contain 60 arch-viles and 20 Cyberdemons?"

The higher skill levels were definitely made for those who liked the insane gameplay that wads like Hell Revealed and Plutonia brought into existance. I'm glad that AV (among others) incorporated that into production. Anders and the others did a helluva job.

AV and HR are playable with a medium skill. Just choose HNTR ou HMP.

I can think of one right now but dammit, I can't think of its name...

I'm positive one of the levels in Alien Vendetta. There was an area where there were like 8 cybies at least. Although there was plenty of plasma ammo and even an invulnerability power-up, I was still left with about three when I returned to normal. I ended up shotgunning them, which was pretty nuts.

GoatLord said:

I can think of one right now but dammit, I can't think of its name...

I'm positive one of the levels in Alien Vendetta. There was an area where there were like 8 cybies at least. Although there was plenty of plasma ammo and even an invulnerability power-up, I was still left with about three when I returned to normal. I ended up shotgunning them, which was pretty nuts.

If I'm thinking of the same area as you, you're right that it's in AV: it's MAP16 (but it's six cybers, not eight). Normally I just run around all the cybers, activate the switches and then through the teleporter, which is easy to manage with the invulnerability time. Then again, it's even easier if you have the BFG with the abundance of cells.

DomRem said:

If I'm thinking of the same area as you, you're right that it's in AV: it's MAP16 (but it's six cybers, not eight). Normally I just run around all the cybers, activate the switches and then through the teleporter, which is easy to manage with the invulnerability time. Then again, it's even easier if you have the BFG with the abundance of cells.

Haha, I tried that at first, but the cybers really crowded the area, and I was constantly getting knocked around by rockets so much that I could never press all the switches in time, so I figured, eh, might as well waste 'em.

Grazza said:

awad map10 has 49 cybers on UV, and they're definitely all killable.

But that surely isn't any sort of record.

Neither does it sound like a wad that was made with playability in mind -

mostly with some very silly ideas.
"This wad file was created because I had nothing
bettor to do." (sic)

It is fully playable and "maxable" though, so unless you are proposing to move the goalposts in an arbitrary way at each stage, it is relevant.

My "Blitz 2" .WAD and my level for the "Hellcore" project (map 21) show off two nice challenges with 3 CyberDemons! ;) There's no power-up, but there's abundance of Plasma, so that they are killable with a good fighting technique! ;)

just tried "awad" - the author wasn't wrong when he said it was different. Very dangerous enemies, but it was easy just to run like hell and get to the exit... and wtf is up with the huge drops? Once you've killed the cybs, you have to wait like 5 minutes just for the lift to take you up to the exit...

Does map06 of Mock2 count (clocking in at a whopping 702 Cybers), or is that DQed for sheer retardedness?

Are they all killable somehow (other than punching the last few hundred of them to death)? It's less than the 848 cybers in Nuts, BTW.

Ubik said:

Does map06 of Mock2 count (clocking in at a whopping 702 Cybers), or is that DQed for sheer retardedness?

Good Q - it's a retarded wad, but its *deliberately* retarded. So, despite starting the thread, I don't know if it counts - I'll put it down as "runner-up" or something :P