Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LUCKY MUD

Dmapedit problem

This is my first post here, have mercy.
I started out with DEU and then went to DMAPEDIT v4.3, which I'm useing now. (btw I have a list of Doom textures that wont work in Doom2, if anyone wants it). My problem is, on the level I'm working on I have a wall that you can walk on, but as you move around on the wall, at a couple of corners, if you are at the right angel and at the right place, you'll see a thin vertical line of the wrong texture coming off the corner. If you move it goes away. I know this might be nit-picking, but it bugs the hell out of me. I run Check Everything and everything is OK. I've checked the side defs in the place where the wall is and everything is OK. Can anyone help?

This could be two things.

1) Leaky sector. But you or the error checker would have seen this I'm sure.

2) Just a bug in the DooM engine that you probably aren't going to be able to fix. I believe E1M1 of the original doom has this in the hallway before the zig-zag slime room, if you look towards the imps on top of the plateau. I've been seeing a lot of these in my current wad I'm working on too.

Actually there might be a way to fix it, but nobody has ever told me.

EDIT: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21049&highlight=texture here is the thread I am remembering, just didn't feel like searching for it before.

Well, It looks like it's just the way it is. Thanks for the help, Epyo. I'll see if Zennode works. Mancubus, I guess no screen shots.

It must be a "slime trail"! :P Sometimes I get that problem with little polygonal sectors, to create lighting effects or glasses or dishes. Very often Zennode solves perfectly this problem! :) So I suggest that you try to build nodes with it. ;)

iori, I went to the site and downloaded the zennode zip file. Unziped it and used zennode.exe on the wad and it worked like a charm. Thanks. You'll see me here again when I start using dehacked, most likely.
Thanks again.