Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dima

since forum is pretty dead lately...

I would like to notify you all that Deus Ex 2 and Thief 3 will indeed be made on top of the new Unreal Warfare technology!

Taken from my site (other sites posted these news as well):

"As we previously reported, ION Storm Austin together with Eidos Interactive, have got the license on the new Unreal Warfare engine from Epic Games.

The reasons for the choice were:

1) Exellent technology.

2) Habitual interface (Deus Ex was built on top of the unreal engine after all).

3) Magnificent toolkits for porting the game to the Xbox.

The new features Unreal Warfare provides:

Support of large scale terrain, an opportunity of creation of stages in 200 times more detail than earlier, advanced system of artifical intellegence, Exellent multiplayer which was already tested in many games (UT, etc...), support of large textures - 2048x2048 (the largest size supported by all cards on the market today - except GeForce 3 which supports even bigger textures).

Even now, it's obvious that the 2 games will be beyond any praises.

UPDATE!!

Taken from Voodoo Extreme (not very much different):

Thief III is Unreal 12:08 AM (your time) - Robert "Apache" Howarth - Games: General - (62)

While they didn't flat out say it (that Thief III would be an Unreal engined game), Eidos has issued a press release stating that Epic Games has granted ION Storm AUSTIN (Warren's bunch) the use of the Unreal engine for their upcoming slate of next-generation games, which includes Deus Ex 2 and Thief III. Here are some tasty quotes gleaned from the PR:

"Everyone at Epic is extremely proud of Deus Ex and the tremendous job the ION Storm team did in creating an innovative and deep gameplay experience using our technology," says Mark Rein, Vice President of Epic Games Inc. "We're excited that they're now developing games with our next generation Unreal Engine technology. ION Storm Austin represents the absolute highest standards in game design and we're thrilled to play a role in their very exciting future."

"The decision to use the original Unreal Engine as the foundation for Deus Ex was one of the best decisions we made," states Warren Spector, project director on Deus Ex and Studio Director for ION Storm Austin. "Unreal, and the Unreal toolset, freed us to focus on design issues rather than technology which, given the response of public and press to the game, seems to have been a good thing! Looking ahead to future projects, the next generation Unreal Engine offers us even more power, even better tools and a multiplatform solution."

"Unreal allowed the Deus Ex programmers to add in all the rich RPG features the team wanted in minimal time." States Harvey Smith, Lead Designer on Deus Ex and now a Project Director for Ion Storm Austin. "Also, the Epic team was super helpful to us, sharing a wealth of high-impact technological and visual-aesthetic technique."

man, I cant wait for DeusEX 2 to come out.....AAAARRGGHHHHH

Deus Ex is right up there with my (NOTE : MY) greatest games. In fact, it's time to finish the game again.

My box crashed before I got a chance to finish it, and in the crash I lost my image...pity me, please.

DC

My box crashed before I got a chance to finish it, and in the crash I lost my image...pity me, please.

DC

I pity you

I have seen lots of complaints about games that were too slow on their "crappy" P2 400 or 500 with Voodoo or other brand,

Your computers must really be crap.

My Current is A PII 350. With TnT2 Ultra.
Yes It Is Old.

Alice Runs Well.
BattleZone Runs Well
Deus Ex Runs Well
Rugby 2001 Runs Well
Most new games run well.

I am Still getting A Master beast of a Machine
But WHAT the Hell is wrong with Every one Else's
Computer?

Yes, Deus Ex is most certainly one of the greatest games of all time.

Anybody tried playing multiplayer with it? It's kinda cool running around with augmentations, cloaking and strength and such, and killing each other. Too bad they never did release a decent dedicated server binary for Deus Ex--you have to actually run a dedicated server through the game (wtf).