Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

Battlefield 1942/Vietnam/2

Favorate Battlefield.  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Favorate Battlefield.

• we shall fight on Wake, we shall fight on Omaha, we shall fight in Bocage and in Berlin, we shall fight in Garden; we shall never logout (1942)
    • For me, Battlefield Vietnam never ended.
    • Trying to rank up in Battlefield 2.
    • Voting gives me a woody. (and have no perfance for any BF game)

The desert combat mod and secret weapons are the only ones I enjoy. Oh and some cheesy pirates mod, that was fun :P

Never got into that game... It struggled with my 256 ram and everytime the map changed it took AGES to load the map... and when it did load, the took 5-10 minutes for it to be playable with all the HD swapping. After that nothing much happened because the levels were so big and and you really should have had more time to get into it. But no the level ended after 5 minutes of proper play.

BF2.

I love how these guys keep releasing patches for 'psychosomatic' gameplay balance issues ("WAAAHHH HELICOPTERS PWN ME"), and nothing is ever done for the ACTUAL BUGS and other fatal flaws in the game. The server browser, for starters. Dear lord. And the Magic Collision-Free AA Rockets? Fucking genius.

I still play every damn week, though.

1942, not for what it has, but what it dosen't have: a commander. fucking arty strikes. it wouldn't bug me so much if anyone liked any blanced maps. but no, we have to stick with the wake island. god help you if you're china and you only have one flag left... or worse, NO flags. Even if you manage to evade all enemy units and get to an unguarded flag (and you'd have to be lucky because a decent commander will spike your sorry ass) as soon as a flag goes gray you're getting a fresh batch of arty shells followed by a UAV. not fun.

I like old school Battlefield. One soldier can turn the tide of war if the ememy isn't watching the back door.

also, it's nice that the enemy dosn't have better weapons just because he's got all the Xpacks and spends 48 hours on the damn game each week.

I still play bf2.

Captain Red said:

it wouldn't bug me so much if anyone liked any blanced maps. but no, we have to stick with the wake island.

Even that's better than playing street maps. Karkand is the de_dust of BF2. I'm fucking tired of playing it. Of course, that's always followed by Mashtuur and the Peninsula. And this is 95% of the servers. And they're ESPECIALLY bad now that anti-armor is currently nerfed. What I wouldn't give for a server that plays Clean Sweep, Kubra Dam and Zatar.

as soon as a flag goes gray you're getting a fresh batch of arty shells followed by a UAV. not fun.

Well, if it's so damn predictable then what are you complaining about? You can use audio cues to figure out if artillery is coming for you. It isn't hard, and you'll live longer. Hell, when I hear the "whoosh", I plan my exit down to the second. It's hilarious to see the enemy Commander get nothing but teamkills because nobody pays attention. It also helps to know how strong your enemy's artillery is, so you know when to jump back in.

Bucket said:
You can use audio cues to figure out if artillery is coming for you. It isn't hard, and you'll live longer.

I did not know you could do that.

Mostly Desert Combat and DCX, though I have the Battlefield 2 demo and could be tempted to buy it.

Prolly BF2 because it adds a lot more purpose in relativity, but all BF games for me are really laggy + the guns and airplanes are hard to use (not ranting here) even though I am really interested in larger-scale fps battles. Because of my lack of subjective fun with the past BF games, I will most likely skip BF2142 and be a bit hesitant about ET:QW (like a demo or something). At least the rankings are a good reason to keep playing; in any game.

Yeah, finding where artillery is going is probably easier with surround sound, but you can always turn your character. There's a 'blast' sound when it's going off, and another 'whoosh' sound as it's going through the air. This is always in a straight line to where it's going (makes sense).

DeumReaper said:

the guns and airplanes are hard to use

Heh, yeah. After a few months of BF2, I went back to CS:Source and marveled at how smooth and accurate the guns were. I easily got a 50% boost in my K/D ratio. (Now if they could only give the grenades realistic damage...)

It took me the longest time to figure out how those heli bastards were strafing, too. I thought it was a joystick-only thing. Turns out it's the same way as on foot, only backwards.

oh, I though you meant using the "enemy spotted" command to tell your team mates where the artillery strike was going to land.

The problem is that while you vacate the flag giving the fuckers time to find you. (I suck at combat)

stil... artillery TKs... heh.

StarWars Battlefront is fairly good too, although it lacks decent maps. I had a look at one or two user made maps, but they sucked. Haven't tried the sequel yet.

None. I use to like the Bf2 befor Ea fucked the game up. matter of fact I'm selling my BF2/1942 and Nam on ebay.

I would rather play Wolf:ET,UT2004 or TFC.

Oh and Quake Wars is going to kick BF2142's ass.