Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Remilia Scarlet

Nintendo Revolution Renamed to Official Name

Not really. I'm more disappointed than anything else. Revolution was a much better name than...Wii.

I was hopping they were going to call it NintenGo like rumored. Wii's a faggot name. I'm still going to buy it though.

WII MOTHERFUCKER WII

Seriously, what fucking drugs are the nintendo employees using.

My little sister's probably going to get a Wii, and I'm sure all her friends are going to come over to play with it.

What? The Slashdotters took all the easy jokes.

Bucket said:

What? The Slashdotters took all the easy jokes.

Most slashdot jokes:
(Score:5, Unfunny)

On the ZDoom forums, I wrote
Nintendo have named their next gen system at last. And as Strong Bad would (probabally) say:

"This is just about the second or third worst name I have ever heard."

Think about the initial shock compared to a couple of years. Yeah its a crap name compared to what could have been Revolution, but at one point I thought a bunch of other announced names were stupid when they first came out:
Xbox (Yay a box with x in it)
PSP(wasn't bad but I kept calling it PCP)
Gizmondo (we know how that turned out)
Also I still think Xbox360 is a stupid enough name as Wii.
etc.

Well "Playstation" sounded ghey when it first was announched.

LOL XBOX

LOOK ITS A BOX BUT ITS MORE X

LOL PLAYSTATION MORE LIKE GAYSTATION

GAMECUBE WTF MORE LIKE LUNCHBOX

HUGEBOX WTF

SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDONT

Nobody Messes With Adam Wii.

I've said that way too much today. But seriously, while I did like the Revolution codename, I'm willing to embrace this new name.

Unfortunately this is becoming the butt of way too many jokes.

Something I posted on another site.

As I expected, most people are defending the console/company because it seems to be their default behavior. Nintendo are innovating and I'm sure that's something that's easy to get behind. I can't, however. I do consider myself a hardcore gamer-- I can't remember a time in my life when I haven't had a gaming device in front of me-- but innovation only nets you so much. There's still so much that can be done with a 2-button controller; what's so important about games that they have to exist for the future?

I digress. Nintendo have been making huge leaps with this console, but they're not speaking to me. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it seems everything I see about the Wii has a sordid skew to it. Like "old man hanging out by the playground" kind of creepy. Maybe I'm getting too old to appreciate innovation for its own sake.

I guess the most important point to make is that the only people I hear defending the Wii are the hardcore gamers. Yes, only hardcore gamers will be able to understand what Big N are doing. But... hasn't their strength always been the appeal to the casual non-gamer crowd? I feel Nintendo may have sabotaged their sole key selling point by taking a certain comfort from the unhip crowd. You can't argue that "Wii" is somewhat of an alien concept, asking for a lot of faith from the Joe Schmoes of the world, and inviting ridicule.