Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cycloid

post your desktop

here's mine (work)

http://cyclomedia.co.uk/junk/desktopgrab.png

the boxes are 1024 and 800 sizes for web browser testing, and check out the 8 browsers on the left, i have IE7 on the laptop to my left. IE4 is seriously poo nowadays but good for checking basic usability conformance (ie without style sheets) sometimes i'll even look at things in a pure text web browser, yoiks. (there's a space waiting for a mac laptop too, if anyone has one they want to donate :-) so i can test IE5.2 mac and safari web site rendering)

beyond compare is a godsend, it compares the files in two directories and is very good at showing the differences between individual files, even if they've been edited by two different people. requires some human merging but there are subtle differences at times between the live web server and the development server (not to mention the development of site upgrades that are not yet live and/or features in a customer preview web site!)

outlook is used for internal/work mail, thunderbird for my real email account. and Firefox is my default browser of choice.

finally the stuff at the bottom is my clutter. above which is the all important PGP app, 263i is "old" but it's also the defacto standard, which i use to talk to the nameservers at nominet so that i can register and amend domain name records without anyone pretending to be me! (no i wont give you a free domain... though it might help me finally get a hold of cycloid.co.uk after all these years of pestering whoever owned it at the time and wasn't using it properly :-)

@dumbscriptguy, wow that's one congested desktop, i suggest the use of laxitive.

Yes, i know, my desktop is extremely messy. And to all of the peoples with internet explorer, plz duwnload firefox plz plz plz!

Note: please don't use this thread as a way to exchange warez information.

Here

Tadpole galaxy is my desktop picture. Makes you feel pissed off that you only get to visit a grain of sand in the universe (Earth).

The Horror! What ruthless international Internet mafia forces everyone to put pictures on their desktops?

Mine is stark black with some miscellaneous temporary files on it, and an auto-hide task bar.

Rotting Corpse said:

Heres mine. ITS NOT WORK SAFE. If you have a problem with gore then you might not want to look at it.

http://img342.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitled2cs.jpg

Nice to see an Impaled fan. I've always been a fan of their album covers, which have this "extreme gore" aesthetic that's almost surreal because it's so over the top. I haven't heard their music in a long ass time though, is their new stuff any good?

cycloid said:

Wow, your desktop isn't all that different from mine. I guess we basically have the same line of work. Although I'm not as hardcore with the browsers as you are...

Why are all my icons all pushed over, you ask? Well, that's so I can do THIS.