Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom_user

AVP2 plot revealed

Modern-day Texas suburbanites fend off creatures in a Kmart! WTF?

[mod]
Huge-ass quote removed because:
a) Don't quote huge lumps of text - give a link instead.
b) The site where it was originally posted has removed it in response to a "cease and desist" order.
[/mod]

This just makes me sick, especially considering that FOX chose to make these stupid Alien vs Predator movies instead of the Ridley Scott-James Cameron collaborative Alien 5.

Huge-ass quote removed because:
a) Don't quote huge lumps of text - give a link instead.
b) The site where it was originally posted has removed it in response to a "cease and desist" order.

Just in case someone who's reading this gets the wrong impression, I should mention that there wasn't an actual, legal "cease-and-desist" order (which they'd never be able to get), merely one of FOX's infantile, threatening letters.

Would it be considered acceptable to provide a link to another site that still carries the review?

If not, can I at least paraphrase (in my own words) what the reviewer said, or is any discussion of this topic to be considered off-limits?

I actually read the original post. I didn't think it could get worse than AvP, but AvP + generic hick slasher flick setup... genius. It's like a parody of a parody.

I'd skip the link, but at least paraphrase the highlights. If Fox doesn't want their scripts reviewed, they shouldn't be sending them to review sites. That's their own stupid mistake. It's like the site update says, they can do something about direct quotes, but discussion is free.

Doom_user said:
This just makes me sick, especially considering that FOX chose to make these stupid Alien vs Predator movies instead of the Ridley Scott-James Cameron collaborative Alien 5.

They're just being honest, sticking to junk instead of messing up decent stuff. Might as well make something obviously retarded that we know we can ignore, than something slightly possibly good that will likely be lame and make us waste time (and perhaps money).

Doom_user said:

Ridley Scott-James Cameron collaborative Alien 5.

Hate to break it to you, but this would never have happened. There's no way those two could have gotten their egos in check and finished a movie together. I think it's more realistic that one or the other would have made a fifth movie, but the first AvP pretty much killed that possibility off anyway.

We are never going to get another good Alien/Predator movie. Ever. Time to accept this and move on, I'm afraid.

Arnold & Cameron for Alien 5

AVP Killed Alien 5

As I understand it, James Cameron couldn't stand Alien³, so he intended to make his own alternate sequel to Aliens, for which he would write the script and Ridley Scott would direct.

Edit: How do you make 3 appear as ³? I've only been able to type ³ by copying and pasting from other websites.

Doomuser, that article you linked about Cameron doing an alien 5 is is over three years old. But hopefully he still feels the same way, I loved the aliens movies, all of them!

So shouldn't it be Aliens vs. Southern Citizens, or AVSC?