Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMer87

Sony E3 so far

What do you look forward to from Microsoft and Nintendo?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What do you look forward to from Microsoft and Nintendo?

• Microsoft and their HD-DVD problem
    • Microsoft and their upcoming games
    • Nintendo and their Wii download services and controllers
    • Nintendo and their upcoming games
    • Nintendo and more details on the Wii/Revolution
    • Their bankrupcy or dissolution

So today they had the E3 press conference for Sony. I was impressed with some things for the PS3, but the motion sensor controller, well I gotta say that is a ripoff from nintendo. "Watch me flail my arms so i can move the object 6 degrees!" Anyway they also said, as you probably already know, that the Ps3 will come in 2 versions-20 Gigabyte for $500 and 60 gigabyte for $600. Now, IMO i'm probably getting the 60 gig even though of the crazy price. The PS3 and Wii are my top 2 choices, in that order. The Xbox 360...well that's just a shame that they didn't wait and rushed everything. Sooner or later, they will make all of their discs HD-DVD, and the Xbox 360 did not ship with an internal drive for the HD-DVD. You gotta go out and buy one, which will at my guess, although we'll probably find out Tuesday, $500, or around there. Now I think that the 60 gig is a better deal, because if you do the math you know what i'm talking about.

The PSP i thought was OK, noticing how the guy mentioned security updates in 2.7. That's why I'm sticking with 2.6 firmware. Hopefully they can continue to work on that Download service, and I'm not exactly looking forward to the PSP eyetoy, if they do release one. So, I think that this week is going to reveal so much about what the game industry will become within the next few years. What will microsoft and nintendo do to counterattack against Sony and their megaprocessors and 1080p support and blu-ray drives, etc.

HUGE MIND-BLOWING UPDATE: Grand theft auto IV and halo 3! This could mean big time for PS3 and Xbox 360...although I reccommend the PS3. The key word: Blu-ray.

So I can almost buy two 360s for the cost of a single PS3. That cost is ridiculous. There were some games shown that interested me but that's way too much money. Not even remotely worth it.

The controller thing is not a rip off, it's a natural progression after wireless. It's not like it's being first done ever on the wii.

Ever generation of consoles seem to get less and less interesting to me. And $600? what a rip!

Mancubus II said:

The controller thing is not a rip off, it's a natural progression after wireless.

$5 says Sony wouldn't have added tilt sensors if Nintendo hadn't.

Good for you, Mister People-Don't-Need-Money-For-Their-Hard-Work. Let's see you give up your weekly paycheck if that's your philosophy.

$500-$600 for a PS3? Forget it, I'll just pay a few hundred dollars more for a computer that I can do a lot more with.

Bucket said:

Good for you, Mister People-Don't-Need-Money-For-Their-Hard-Work. Let's see you give up your weekly paycheck if that's your philosophy.

You missed the point of that entirely.

EDIT: Though, I will proudly admit to having a hard disk composed of at least 80% questionable material.

Not excited about anything with consoles in this E3... I'm waiting for frickin' PREY!
I've been watching the game for a long time, but I don't know whether 3drealms can reveal anything as exciting as the game going gold up to this point. (all the vids are major spoilers u see).

Seriously though, I am interested in seeing the Revmote (Wiimote) in action.

I can't wait till I get my PS3, and invite you round to watch my play it through my window. You'll be like; "Why the fuck did you invite us over man :(" and i'll be like, "By your own, dude >:D" and you'll be all ":'("

But that aside, MGS4 looks smokin' hot.

I couldn't care about Nintendo, so I'm looking forward to microsoft's games.

I'm waiting to see if anything is shown for Halo 3, and when the hell is prey is gonna be released. As for the PS3, way to expensive, probably will never own one, at least not for a couple of years. I don't even own a 360 yet, but I will when Halo 3 arrives.

Good move making the HDD standard. That'll take some pressure off of the developers. I don't know what the deal is with the two models, though. Is it worth it?? It'd be easier on everybody just to ditch the $500 model and target the high-end market.

I'll be buying one, definitely. It just becomes a question of whether or not I want to wait for the price to go down-- which I imagine won't be long, as it doesn't seem they're taking a big hit on the price. I could be wrong though, as Blu-Ray is a huge expensive and untested medium. I might buy a Wii, but I doubt it.

Love those Final Fantasy XIII screens. Looks like they're finally tackling sci-fi full on.

I just love how the cheaper version of the PS3 lacks not only a hard drive, but also some features...

I was going to get one, but now I'm questioning it...

All this talk of next-gen, anyone know whether the Castle Wolfenstein game is gonna be 360 exclusive? That's another reason I'll be purchasing the new box in the near future.

Meh, Halo 3... I'm done with Halo stuff. They better not have anymore boring repetitive levels like the ones from Halo and Halo 2. Oh and they better balance out the weapons too. (Seriously, wtf is up with the plasma pistol's charged shot locking on to you?)

I really hope Nintendo's going to show off some stuff from that new Zelda game, namely how it'll play with the new Wii controller.

E3 2006: Twilight Princess Wii Details
The free-hand style controller becomes the sword, the bow and arrow and the fishing rod.
by IGN Staff

May 7, 2006 - The new issue of Time Magazine features a piece on Nintendo's new Wii console, in which the reporter got to play the latest demo of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. The article explains that using the Wii remote, gamers can control Link's sword, use his bow and arrow and even go fishing. In the latter mode, the Wii remote changes into a rod and gamers will need to physically reel in fish.

baronofhell said:
anyone know whether the Castle Wolfenstein game is gonna be 360 exclusive?

IGN said that it was going to be exclusive for xbox360 before anything else, so its likely theres gonna be a PC version later.

DeumReaper said:

IGN said that it was going to be exclusive for xbox360 before anything else, so its likely theres gonna be a PC version later.

Its going to be in the PC also. They said that back when Id fist started talking about it. But, it will be for 360 fist and pc later.

I hope the give us some extras for the pc version.

Jesus, how much are they fucking paying you? I've never heard anyone get so endlessly hyped over a goddamn box of transistors. Yahoo, slanted plastic. Wipe yourself off.

Color me impressed by Nintendo's conference.

Also, the $499 "lo-def" PS3 lacks WiFi Internet, HDMI, and card reader slots for things like memory cards, besides having a smaller HDD. I knew that the $100 difference couldn't have been over the size of the HDDs alone.

In my opinion, 500 dollars is to much to begin with, let alone 600. But ps3 wouldn't set the price so high if they weren't sure people were gonna clear them off the store shelves. I for one will not be one of those people. When they set a release date for Castle Wolfenstein or Halo 3(whichever one comes first) that's when I'll start putting money to the side to purchase the 360. But as of now, there is no game available for that system besides maybe Farcry that would make me wanna check it out. By the way, what's the story behind that title?