Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok I've been trying this one out a bit and noticed that the 2 cybers are generally stuck in their squares, but sometimes the bottom one has moved either up or down. In particular, if he moves down, I can lure him into the lava area where it should be possible to punch him. This happens very rarely and I wondered if anyone knew how to get him to go down, or could give a reason why he can't do so normally. I have a preview demo where I get killed not far from seeing the first cyber a second time. I would have liked to make a demo where I kill the first cyber but that hasn't worked out yet so I'll let you see this one. It should be possible to deal with the 2 cyberdemons without getting them to move though, with good use of infights and lots of bullets.

I haven't finished watching this one yet, but I can definitely say one thing already - I love how you handled that archie on the altar. :)

Opulent said:
or someone wishes....

/me raises hand

Alien Vendetta.

"at20" is the compet-n short-hand for a Tyson demo on map20 of Alien Vendetta. Filenames for Tysons on AV are of the form atnnxxxx, where nn is the map number and xxxx the time.

not complete yet... and I haven't timed it yet because of that.
he gets amazingly far all things considered... so far that I would judge it is worth trying for the eXit.

He dies when the time is 55:24, with 266 monsters killed and 253 alive.

One way to know the time pretty quick is by the file size, as 128 KB equals 15 minutes. That's how I had guessed around 55 minutes. Plus it was obvious it's incomplete, as there's no time on the filename and only a letter, and the thread already made it clear it's a work in progress.

xit, these are getting really good; some neat infighting play in this one, like where you goad the Mancubus into hitting the Imp that swipes at you and then you beat up the Mancubus as it's distracted.

Opulent said:

Heh, my knuckles are sore just watching.
Cybie didn't know what hit 'em.
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/at20d.zip

Sweet, and I really hope you'll be able to pull off a full run - I have no idea how it could be done, but then, I never would've thought it's possible to get this far, either. Just goes to show what I know. :)

Can´t watch at20d demo. I´m using the following line on prboom plus and prboom 2.4.1

prboom -iwad doom2.wad -file wads/av.wad -complevel 4 -playdemo Demos\at20d.lmp

Tried with complevel 0,-1,2,3 :(
Desynchs at about 10 secs of the start.

There's no need to specify a complevel - this will be correctly autodetected as a Doom2.exe format/compat demo. (General note: there are very few demos where you need to specify a complevel for playback.)

If it is desynching for you, then there is some other reason. Are you using the right version of av.wad? There were two - the one used for compet-n demos is the one dated 24-Dec-2002, and with a file size of 23,819,412 bytes. If you are using that one, has it been modified in any way? A node rebuild will cause desyncs, for instance.

I was using one wad dated 24/12/2001 (23.822.384 bytes)
Thx Grazza