Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MmM

Dragon Shish Kabob

wicked sick! probably your most intricated peice yet. I don't like the vertabrea. the discs are not present and I can see the autritic change from the spuring of the segments. next time use red ink mixed with a bit of green ink for blood. keep em coming. and maybe some more doom stuff ;)

I agree that the spinal column could be better--I really should have had some better reference pics in front of me when I did it (all I was using was a quick sketch of the game sprite).

Thanks for the advice on the blood. Plain, red gloss paint (which is what I'm using) does come off as a bit too cartoony. I'll try darkening it up a bit with another color, perhaps green as you've suggested, for future bloody projects.

The ink has a glossy and transparent effect which really works. the tip of darkening with green came from a freind who paints warhaamer minitaures. apperently I was making my blood a little on the purple side by using blue unstead of green. And don't worry too much about the spine. If I wasn't getting chiropractic help I woudn't have noticed the autritic change or the channels where the nerves grow out to the internal organs. LOL

make more doom stuff!!!

I don't have any ink (other than what's in my pens), so I'll probably stick with paint (I can always thin it to make it somewhat similar to the consistancy of ink). Another reason I used this particular red latex paint is because of its age--because it's old, it clumps a bit and is thicker than usual, which gives it more of a 3-dimensional aspect which I think works well for gore because is suggests some viscosity.