Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JonTTu111

The secret level not work

I have a level where is exit to a secret level, but when i use that exit it only goes to the next level. how can I fix that.

BTW: what you like on that DOOM movie? It isn't so good as I think.

Make sure you're putting the secret level exit on the same level that the secret level exit was in, in the original game.

For example if you're replacing Doom II levels, you have to put the secret exit to MAP31 on MAP15, and the secret exit to MAP32 on MAP31.

For The Ultimate DOOM it's as follow:
E1M4
E2M5
E3M6
E4M2

Vegeta said:

E1M4

Or even E1M3.

In the original games, misplaced secret exits (i.e. ones not in E1M3, E2M5, E3M6, E4M2, MAP15 or MAP31) are handled as follows:

In Ultimate Doom, you are taken to that episode's secret level, but upon leaving the secret level, you go to the level that you would normally go to from there. Thus if you had a secret exit in E1M1, you would go:
E1M1->E1M9->E1M4

In Doom2, a secret exit in a map other than MAP15 or MAP31 takes you to MAP01 (I'd guess it's just defaulting to that, rather than it being by design). Edit: Actually, it is a little more complex than that. If you have warped to the current level, then a misplaced secret exit does send you back to map01. However, if you have arrived at that map by exiting the previous level, then you go back to the start of the current level. For example, if you exit map13 (via a normal exit) and thus go to map14, and map14 has a misplaced secret exit, then it will send you to map14. I don't know if there are any further quirks or if this is the full picture.

Note that some ports change this behaviour.

Oops I knew that I mistaken one, yeah E1M3, I didn't play E1 in a while

If you're using vanilla "Doom 2", you have to put the "secret exit" in the same level as the original "Doom 2" (map15, map30); but you can change secret levels and put "secret exits" where you want if you use ZDoom and its MAPINFO lump. Read the ZDoom wiki for further information.

I can see English is your second language. I'd warrant a guess and say you're from Germany and your version of Doom2 doesn't have a secret level.

Just a stab in the dark though.

Bucket said:

I can see English is your second language. I'd warrant a guess and say you're from Germany and your version of Doom2 doesn't have a secret level.

Just a stab in the dark though.

O RLY? Lol. they really bothered to take the nazi levels out for the germany version? Lol.

Like Bucket said, if you're playing the German version, that might be it. Since the secret level contained the first level from wolfenstein 3D, it had a reference to fascism and nazis, therefore it was removed from the German version. You can probably get the American version on the official id games website, if you want to see the secret level that much... :\

There is a free, official upgrade patch from the German 1.666 to 1.9.

However, JonTTu111 is from Finland (according to his profile info and his IP address), so I think the other explanation offered in this thread (that it is a misplaced exit and he's using a port that changes the exit behaviour) are more likely.

But the point is correct that in German version of Doom2, secret exits (either misplaced or on map15) are handled just the same as normal exits. See fraggle's post here for an explanation of the check the engine makes that leads to that. You can try it yourself without modifying your iwad by using a dehacked patch that includes a line like:

Text 5 5
map31map33

Type idclev31 or 32 if you don't warp to the secret maps then that's it. If that the case there are diferent solutions.

About the movie, personaly I enjoyed it but it's more about an action movie with little DOOM elements rather than a proper DOOM movie. The 3d person sequence it's a must see that for sure. Go, see it with little expectatives and you MAY have a good time.
You'll be willing to play DOOM/3 after watching it, that's for sure.

Well that version of doom is buyed from finland so that is maybe american or english version of doom and the secret levels are on that wad. But i tried put a go to the secret level on map 04 so that will be a big shortcut.