Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A while back, I started with my new Megawad, named Echoes. It was basically a chance for me to make up for my absolute blunder with Odium. (Odium was basically my first time making a map period.)

Odium used Skulltag as a base, and used the different monsters and textures that were available. The story line was a bit... well insane/evil natured. I replaced a good deal of the human sprites with ones from Wolfendoom as well. (Former Human, Seargent, Chaingunner, Spider Mastermind, Cyberdemon.) The story line was, in a quick breakdown:

"You are a Nazi General, and you have gone insane. Why? We don't know. However, considering your new found mental status, you begin killing your fellow commanding officers, and the evil demons which have currently invaded for some strange reason as well. Your goal? Destroy the universe and obliterate everything, including yourself."

The first ten maps were supposed to take place during a time period back in the 1940s. The Next ten were going to undergo a futuristic type look, and the last ten were Hellish-Voidish-B.C. I only finished maps 1-5, (5 needs alot of work though) 10, 20, and 30. I then left doom for bigger and seemingly better things. (World of Warcraft)

Well now I'm back to dooming, as I've grown tired of World of Warcraft. (You might think that after 12 years of playing doom I'd be tired of this too but I'm not)

Whats the point of this little spiel? Well basically I'd like to get my Echoes Project back up and underway. I never received any feed back on the project at all, so that would be a start. LINK:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=14014

I'd also like to, if any one sees any potential in this at all, get a few people to join me in this. Creating a megawad all by your lonesome isn't all its cut out to be.

So, if anyone likes the work at all let me know. If you don't like it, tell me what I can fix. If you'd like to assist me in any way, that'd be fine too.

Have a nice day. :)

This isn't like that Hitler's Bunker thing you released is it?

In some ways yes, in some ways no.

There are Wolfenstein Textures, just not as many (Only the ones provided by The Doom 2 Wad) There are sprites as well, but they only replace human characters. (And Cyberdemon/Spider Mastermind) All the demons, imps, etc are the same.

The final project would hopefully contain a mixture of both Doomish levels, and Wolfensteinish Levels. Attempting to mix the two together into something unique i suppose...

This is also a megawad, and will contain more then one level.

SS-Bowen said:

In some ways yes, in some ways no.

There are Wolfenstein Textures, just not as many (Only the ones provided by The Doom 2 Wad) There are sprites as well, but they only replace human characters. (And Cyberdemon/Spider Mastermind) All the demons, imps, etc are the same.

The final project would hopefully contain a mixture of both Doomish levels, and Wolfensteinish Levels. Attempting to mix the two together into something unique i suppose...

This is also a megawad, and will contain more then one level.

The problem though, is that you're using WolfenDoom sprites. Laz has already stated that his WolfenDoom maps are not allowed to be used as a base for modification, meaning that you can not use his sprites, textures, DeHacKed work, etc. without his permission before releasing your wad.

I did not know that...

I thought that considering they were taken from Wolfenstein itself that they were basically property of Id-software.

But in any case, I'll request his permission, unless of course I just drop the project all together and continue on with my life.

No big deal either way.

SS-Bowen said:

"You are a Nazi General, and you have gone insane. Why? We don't know. However, considering your new found mental status, you begin killing your fellow commanding officers, and the evil demons which have currently invaded for some strange reason as well. Your goal? Destroy the universe and obliterate everything, including yourself."

This "plot" gives me headaches, not only it's ilogic, dumb (better yet stupid), pointless, crazy in a bad way, one step close to the ideas of that Columbine kid, annoying as it showcase a crazy teenager spirit (again, in a bad way), but also and the most important, it's particulary boring, the "fairy mod", or even that time travel one, was better.

Vegeta said:

This "plot" gives me headaches, not only it's ilogic, dumb (better yet stupid), pointless, crazy in a bad way, one step close to the ideas of that Columbine kid, annoying as it showcase a crazy teenager spirit (again, in a bad way), but also and the most important, it's particulary boring, the "fairy mod", or even that time travel one, was better.

Agreed. But that's rather negative don't you think?
The problem Bow, is that you're using this "Wolfenstein" theme a bit too much. I think you're just trying to find excuses to add in a decent amount of effort.

You've got talent man, and it shows in some of the later maps. The problem is that you don't think before you map. You can't just draw a couple of sectors and call it a map. You got to use your head man. Think about what kind of gameplay you're going for, how you can balance out the gameplay and the detail, and what you can do to make the map unique. You also need it to make sense. From what I've seen, a lot of the sprites you threw into this wad looked like they were randomly chosen and assigned. The female nazi held a pistol but dropped a shotgun (You should just get rid of that sprite anyway. It's really bad)

The problem with your old wad Odium was not the stolen sprites, but the overall lack of effort. Hell, Tom Gallitos stole a lot of textures and he still got a good review for his wad. You just have to put forth the effort kid.