Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Lost Refinery

I was just playing a wad I made a while ago called Lost Refinery. And cause I was so surprised by how fun it is, since I hadn't played it in a while, I thought I'd just make a post to advertise it and if anyone wants to play it, they should email or IM me. Cause I don't think too many people have played it. It replaces e1m3 and has an insane amount of monsters but done in a way that makes it fun rather than lame. The level itself is pretty gargantuan and as with all my levels, attention to atmosphere and playability (fun to play) were paramount priorities and unnecessary detail the least. I hate overly busy levels. I think I strike a good balance of detail and simplicity that is pleasing to the eye. Also there is an abundance of secrets as is the case with my levels in general. However, this is prolly the only level save maybe one that I feel worthy of advertising. Most of my levels end up being okay but nothing to speak of. I think this one, however, is worth the 200+k download. So if you are looking for a gorefest with E1 influence, this just might be the ticket.

Oh, ok. I was askin because I have a WAD for E1M3 whose filename is pe1_tox.wad, which also happens to be by the author of Death Tormetion.

Yeah, the same guy (Corfiatis) did Twilight Zones 1 and 2, too, and I think he also had a big part in 2001 -- a Doom Oddysey. And I'm pretty sure he contributed a level or two to Millennium as well.

I was at his site one time, and when I tried to get Twilight Zone 2, all I kept getting each day was a "server returned extended information" message. I doubt people were getting it every day though. Anybody know where it's mirrored at? If so, it would be glady appreciated.

And I'm pretty sure he contributed a level or two to Millennium as well.

Four, actually. There was gonna be three but we ran short on maps and used an old submission as well.

He also made most of the music for Nimrod.. and Plutonia 2 aaswell as a bunch of maps for Plutonia2. and Biowar and probaly more projects.