Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leileilol

new sounds, and a shotty

http://www.planetgargoyle.com/doom/newcontrib.wad

- New shotgun sprites, which is centered, then cocks over to the right. hybrid model/pixel job.

- New shotgun firing sound, mixed with the current and julian's shotgun, many many times

- new rocket launcher sound

- new pistol sound, really the same sound tweaked heavily for softerness. Fits better.

- new explosion sound, which sounds a bit odd at the moment, but still less obnoxious than the current

also shotgun doesn't change facial expressions ( :| )

Screenshot looks nice to me.

What might be good, though, is if you could do an SSG that somewhat matched this one.

Actually, if you could give this one a less shiny texturing it would probably look better, and it would go pretty well with Fredrik's SSG, as both are otherwise rather "futuristic".

I don't like the tweaked version much, it made it look more rougher and really ugly in gamma correction :\

also any comments on the sounds?

I was doing the new imp, but i accidentally made him too big. Revenant candidate instead? oh well

I don't see the ugliness when I turn up the gamma correction. On the contrary, the original looks like it has too high a gamma value.

Can't you resize the imp sprite? The gargoyle really is the perfect imp replacement.

A large gargoyle would also make an awesome Hell Knight/Baron of Hell, but I think it'd have to be made a bit beefier first.

gargoylol said:
I could resize it but it'd make it look very very messy....

Maybe you could make it a bit thicker and perhaps somewhat horny (heh, literally, not metaphorically like in Doomu) to replace the Hell knight, and then add a meaner variant for the Baron of hell.

gargoylol said:
you guys should realize there's already another baron of hell in progress.

Hmm, yeah, what about doing a smaller one from scratch? If for Heretic they could make midget imps it shoulnd't be so hard.

then he'd lose all his sexyness :(

I have updated the above wad file with the big imp, if anyone wants to try and scale him down

With just a tiny bit of pixel cleanup, I think a straight resize looks quite good (tested on one frame). I might give it a shot.

quick comment on how much this rocks, thank god for new work on freedoom, my skins folder is already chock full with these "improvements", maybe another version soon? :)

wow! that imp sprite looks so great!

in addition to the smaller version for imp, maybe a bit bigger version with red skin, a metallic goat skull head and a bazooka arm could be a cool ciberdemon :P (which is something freedoom lacks)

the legs could be brown instead of red though