Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Saunderitos

Tab for D_E1M1

Does someone have the tab (guitar and bass) for the music from this level, I'm having trouble tabbing it by ear and can't find a complete tab online. Hope someone can help me out, thanks in advance.

extract the midi from the doom wad, and look at it in a midi editor. midi is note based (not wave based) an is like a set of editable instructions for the sound card to play certain notes with certain "instruments." Therefore if you see the midi file in an editor you see all the notes.

EDIT: Here's the midi already extracted: http://www.doomworld.com/music/d_e1m1.mid

Find a free midi editor online (there are a bunch) and open it up.

Through the process that wacky explained I learned to play it on piano and although I could play with both hands, E1M1's melody line is 2 radically different octaves (and a P5th for amplitude) being played;
what I did (and you probably could for guitar)is combine the playable octave range with what you know by ear. Since E1M1 is a complex rythym to sound the way it does, learn based on what you think is the sound by ear.

thanks !!!!

Yeh I have GP, though they are having copywrite problems at the moment and I can't download them :(.

Thanks alot though !!!

The logiciel "Sibelius 3" allow to import a mid file. It's coded automatically and you obtain a partition AND a tab for guitar (I'm a classical guitarist).
I already used it for such a work, and it was really good. Of course, here and there, you'll find errors, but it's quite easy to rectify.

The bad part of this story is that it's not a shareware, nor a freeware, but a "buyware" (lol), and it costs a lot of bucks!!!

Jive said:

The logiciel "Sibelius 3" allow to import a mid file. It's coded automatically and you obtain a partition AND a tab for guitar (I'm a classical guitarist).
I already used it for such a work, and it was really good. Of course, here and there, you'll find errors, but it's quite easy to rectify.

The bad part of this story is that it's not a shareware, nor a freeware, but a "buyware" (lol), and it costs a lot of bucks!!!

my sister has it on her PC :D

w00t :D

thanks

Saunderitos said:

thanks !!!!

Yeh I have GP, though they are having copywrite problems at the moment and I can't download them :(.

Thanks alot though !!!

Hey man no worrys!

i will PM you my email address and you PM your email address and i can email u that tab if you like mate?

Note that the original solo in both games were played on keyboard, not guitar.

Youll notice that the E1M1 solo is extremely difficulut, and thats because it was not originally created (written?) on guitar.

The same can be said for Doom2's first level

Wobbo said:

Note that the original solo in both games were played on keyboard, not guitar.

Youll notice that the E1M1 solo is extremely difficulut, and thats because it was not originally created (written?) on guitar.

The same can be said for Doom2's first level

Yeh I know, though one of the guitarists in my band can play them already :D

I've heard the solos played on real guitars before, but usually at a WAY slower tempo than the originals song (not that thats a bad thing in the case of Doom2s 1st level