Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlitZ

Swamp Imp

Do you like my Swamp Imp? Its a mixture of the Doom Imp and the Swamp Beast from HeXen. This is my first sprite work ever for DooM.

There are many little details that need to be picked at. Any suggestions?

Heh, looks pretty cool. The only suggestion I have is maybe change the color of the eyes. Other than that, great job.

Maybe red like the original Imp? I have a question, would it look better if the mouth had some movement variations in it?

Alright, thanks for all the comments. Im gonna try editing it some and making it more like the HeXen guy, as in, he can go in and out of water. I have no idea how to code for doom, so I dont know if that is possible. But I'll keep an out of water guy.

It's ok... To be honest, I don't really like sprites made from others, but for a quickly done monster, it's ok.

Also, you can indeed do it for Doom. You'd probably need Decorate yes, but it would work. It was done in the Zdoom Community Map.

Hey goodwork with those sprites. I recommend you get a copy of xwe, DeapSea or Windeu to import these sprites and replace the original doom/hexen ones in dehacked or if you use zdoom, decorate lump. For XWE, Just make:

1.A new 'decorate' entry,

2.cut and paste the imp code from
http://www.zdoom.org/wiki/index.php?title=Classes:DoomImp
to put into the new lump entry

3.Import sprites

4.Rename sprites to the original ones

and wallah! Your sprites are used instead of the original ones. Its easy and fast noob creativity.

I already use XWE, awesome program really. Even though Im new to the community, Im not new to old games, or Wads.