Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

New Adventure jokewad

Yeah, that map (23) was to pay you back for a negative review of one of my better wads on Newstuff chronicles. I also heard that you were into Jokewads.

I forgot the map number but it was the one with 10 seconds of good mapping in it.

The coloured Spectre was originally used in Bella and Bella 2.wad in some of the secret maps. My name for the coloured Spectre is called the "jelly". The Jelly effect works only in Zdoom and to do it you must make a map that has 255 brightness everywhere and it must contain dark wall and floor textures all throughout it. And then in the MAPINFO you must set a fade colour, it can be White, Sienna, Red, Beige, Darkgreen or whatever you desire. But remember, brightness must be 255 everywhere for this effect to work or you will get a coloured fog effect which does not look that nice. Though, the sienna fog might work well in making a level based on Titan.

I'd have to say the level "WOWWOWWOW".
Mainly because the creator of WOW did not want anyone to use his wad as a base for modification, and is probably stabbing himself to death... 3 times.

Actually I made that level from scratch, I did not modify Wow at all.

craigs' just being a troll.

I like this wad actually, beats all the shitty wads they call jokes from the zdoom forum community

Yeah, I think you're f*cking waste of time too!!, no sense of humor, huh!, you must be as bad as the Bellinger family.

pcorf said:

Actually I made that level from scratch, I did not modify Wow at all.

Ack, I didn't mean to say you modified it. I'm just saying, the creator of WOW was so paranoid that someone would steal his idea. You've done it 3 times in level, in one wad, and in one /Newstuff review. Can you imagine his reaction? (If he's still around).

I don't know how I should say this, but I think scripting is a must for jokewads.

Also, maps 27, 28, and 29 are pretty much the same.

But, for a non-scripted wad (other than the repeats of 27, 28, and 29), it's above-average.

Craigs said:

Ack, I didn't mean to say you modified it. I'm just saying, the creator of WOW was so paranoid that someone would steal his idea. You've done it 3 times in level, in one wad, and in one /Newstuff review. Can you imagine his reaction? (If he's still around).

I don't have WOW on my computer, but I easily remember it. A Cyberdemon, a hanging torso. So I actually made it from scratch and copied and pasted it 5 times just to annoy you all.

And I don't think the original author of WOW had a clue how to make a Doom level, he gave it a go and decided to give up. I bet you he was one of those 13-year olds.

Pure Hellspawn said:

I don't know how I should say this, but I think scripting is a must for jokewads.

Also, maps 27, 28, and 29 are pretty much the same.

But, for a non-scripted wad (other than the repeats of 27, 28, and 29), it's above-average.

Firstly I have never been able to figure out how to do scripts. So thats why there are wall textures with messages on them. Yeah... I've tried doing scripts but its all too complicated for me.

pcorf said:

Firstly I have never been able to figure out how to do scripts. So thats why there are wall textures with messages on them. Yeah... I've tried doing scripts but its all too complicated for me.

I think you should take a look at the Mock 2 scripts.

This is the basic of basics scripts. You know how to activate a linedef (once only and/or whenever a player steps on it). Well, when it comes to scripting, you can make a script run whenever a player touches a linedef.

Anyways, suppose you have a line. Just like you can make the player teleport whenever you cross the line, you can also make text appear on the screen.

print(s:"I'm the 1337 MAN!");

Whenever the player runs over the line, the words I'm the 1337 MAN! will appear on the screen.

I will shortly provide an example.

http://rapidshare.de/files/21298671/tut.wad.html

Here's the sample link. Made with ZDOOM. This wad contains two ACS features:

a. The text that you will see.

b. A little surprise after you pick up the health bonus. (yes, it was scripted).

One last thing: I believe that scripting takes some time to get used to, but you'll get the hang of it. It just takes time to get use to it. Sort of like normal DOOM mapping.

do-tims has all the scripts included inside the WAD except for the libraries, which I will upload whenever I get around to it. That would be a good reference, as I kept it relatively clean and easy to figure out (but the score system is really, really unoptimised).

I used Mock2 for inspiration of The New Adventure. What also inspired me was a few bad things that had happened to me in life in the past.

pcorf said:

I bet you he was one of those 13-year olds.

Much as I hate to say it, ahem. I've *never* made anything as horrible as WOW. =)

dutch devil said:

Nice cacodemon on map30 :)

Thanks!!, its there so if you don't like me, you can bluddie kill me!!

I have a sequel in the planning stages, yes and it will be another Megawad if it given the "if of yes"

pcorf said:

Heh, let me show you the magic... of scripting (that didn't sound right...)

Here's an example:

#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 (void)
{print(s:"Text goes here");
delay(255);
Door_open(1, 255);
}

Once you learn the basics, it's not that hard.

Having just played this, I can safely say that I don't like it. Definitely reminds me of why I don't care for joke wads.

Job said:

Having just played this, I can safely say that I don't like it. Definitely reminds me of why I don't care for joke wads.

Don't take it so personally and maybe you'll see the humor behind it. It's not like you had to pay $60 just to play it like a regular game. It's free, it's funny, and it makes fun of those damn 12 year old brats who play M rated games.

Just like every other god-damned joke wad.

Seriously, people, there's heaps of other funny crap out there that isn't moronic 12 year olds. Anyone who's ever been told the same joke twice should be aware of the fact that humour needs to be fresh to be funny.

There will be strictly no scripting in any of my wads. I like Doom retro style am not even interested in trying so dont make me do it. I'm no expert at programming those complicated things unless somebody travels over to my house and shows me. But what's the big deal about those black rooms with text in them?, dosen't it add to the stupidity of a Jokewad?

I'm sure I could start work on The New Adventure 2, I have been making some new textures for it allready so yeah!!

And thats 32 more levels of pure crap!!