Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlitZ

Strife Trouble

Ive been playing Strife, really awesome game. But I cant access my inventory. It just wont work...Im using ZDoom, any guidance?

The inventory is accessed in the same way as in Hexen, using the [ and ] keyes. You can also press the W, K and Z keys to access Weapons, Keys and Missions respectively.

Hope that helps.

You may have to bind the keys to said actions in the options screen first though.

Er... does anyone know how to turn 'auto-health' off in the same port?

You can customize Strife keys through the controls menu. Or press F1 to toggle the 3 screens of default controls.

I turned off autosave in the .ini file, but autohealth I have no clue. Maybe search .ini for "health" or "auto" and if something looks promising change a true to false or 1 to 0. ....make a copy of your .ini file, just in case.

Isn't "autohealth" something that was built into the easy setting of the game? IIRC, it came in to play if you were carrying health items and your health went below a certain point - you would automatically use the item rather than relying on the player to spot their imminent death. I thought it didn't happen on harder skills though (could be wrong).

That was Hexen. In Strife the autohealth option is skill independent but can be toggled.

I figured out the mystery! I actually read F1 help and to toggle autohealth press F5.

edit> well maybe zDoom does not support that in Strife. When I press F5 I get the usual options menu. I dont know what command to bind to toggle autohealth.

abysmal said:

I figured out the mystery! I actually read F1 help and to toggle autohealth press F5.

edit> well maybe zDoom does not support that in Strife. When I press F5 I get the usual options menu. I dont know what command to bind to toggle autohealth.

Yeah, that's precisely the trouble.
Never mind though, it's saved my bacon a few times now. Might just leave it on.

Oh ok, I missed the configuration bit in the options menu. Thanks for the help. :)