Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

Your pet peeves of Doom!

Pain elementals are fun to deal with. You can often use the lost soul limit against them, and they are also one of the two monsters (the other being the arch-vile, with its splash damage) that can effectively kill themselves, by infighting with their own lost souls.

I'd rather the PISTOL. It's hell powerful against lost souls! Better than mr Shotty.

Ontopic:
-nah, no else I hate about Doom.

Grazza said:
Pain elementals are fun to deal with.

I find them annoying sometimes (examples: the PE trap in MM2 map 23 and Doom 2 map 10).

Fusion said:

Ya and the worst part is, after the pain elementals go down, they spawn, not one, not two, but three dreaded lost soul. My next hated enemy. Pain elementals/Lost souls are ammo eaters.

Heh, it's best to shoot the lost souls once with the shotgun, then finish them with the pistol or chaingun. It takes a shotgun and a half to kill them, so don't bother wasting 2 shotgun shells on them.

I really hate it when people add in music that seems to cut off randomly like in Super Sonic Doom.

There's also crappy joke wads. Yes, I love jokewads like Mock2 and The New Adventure, but I hate it when people just churn out crappy ones that are annoying rather then funny.

Time for some multiplayer themed ones from me.

• Being on a server full of very talented veteran players, but frequently getting killed by the n00b/newbie. To top it all off, the n00b/newb has a name like "PrincessPumps54093" or "Sk8erBoi99999"
  • Shooting someone nonstop with an extremely strong weapon, yet they still get you with their much weaker weapon.
  • Being half the level away from someone, yet their SSG does almost maximum damage to you, yet when you try to pick off someone with it, 1 pellet hits.
  • In Skulltag, having a good powerup like the Doomsphere or Rage, but still getting killed by someone who has like 5 health and the pistol. Even worse when it's a n00b/newb. (Even more so when they have names like the ones aforementioned.)
  • People that use the Daisy skin, or any skin that reduces the player size to 20 pixels or less.
  • Instagib
  • On Zdaemon, servers that interfere with your weapon preferences. Why bother even having said preferences if the server can disable them?
  • Servers with dicks who think just because you're good, you're cheating, or servers with players who try to make you quit by saying "lol hit alt-f4" or abandon you just because you take some shortcuts in co-op.
  • Servers who play a wad without it's music wad, if applicable.
  • 1-on-1 servers.
  • Highly unbalanced teams.
  • Everyone switching to the winning team at once.

My pet peeves of doom would have to be the 'doom boardgame'.. it's completely impossible to win while playing the marines.. i guess that's why they call it "DOOM" eh?

Darkfyre said:

Arch-Viles are my favorite enemy :P

Revenants are mine, it's fun to run in circles with the fireball/rocket :P

another is...picking up a weapon and immediantly auto-switching when your fighting a group of monsters with a good weapon.

# Being on a server full of very talented veteran players, but frequently getting killed by the n00b/newbie. To top it all off, the n00b/newb has a name like "PrincessPumps54093" or "Sk8erBoi99999"

He who puts repeating numbers (ex: Glorious 79999) in his name is a retard.

- Activating a switch and having no idea what it just did.

- Levels with secret doors so well-hidden that there is no way to detect them by any means short of cheating.

- When said levels require finding these secrets to be completed.

- Having completed a large portion of a map without saving, only to have a blue screen of death. (I know it's my fault for not saving but it IS a peeve of DooM)

- The invisiblity orb.
- Sprites (like trees) that block my rockets.
- Being telefragged by teammates on coop.

XXoXX said:

- Having completed a large portion of a map without saving, only to have a blue screen of death. (I know it's my fault for not saving but it IS a peeve of DooM)

[...]
- Sprites (like trees) that block my rockets.
[...]

A BSOD? Really? In Doom? My god, how? Never happened to me, at least.

Hey, sprites aren't supposed to block missiles! Actually they're supposed to be 16 dots tall, not [GRAPHIC HEIGHT] tall. I think Randy Heit could fix this for when the "Actors are infinitely tall" setting is turned ON.

I find that the things that shit me the most about Doom are the same things that keep me coming back for more. Mostly when shit jumps out of the darkness... I still have trouble with Doom3; I don't like playing it without a flashlight mod, but hopefully, one day, I'll stop shitting my pants and sitting in the one spot trying to work up the courage to have a peek 'round the next corner. But, maybe if that happens the Doom experience will be lost to me... I hope not.

i found doom 3 more annoying than scary, i never made past the first level (which is probably why). the game is too dark so you cant see, even with the flashlight, not to mention that you can only use a flashlight or weapon not both. my grandfathers computer is too slow for it, so i died on the first level.

second enemy too. my grandfathers computer is too slow to handle all those things going on at the same time, resulting in random glitches and hesitation.

1. Watching a -nomosters demo because I dont have an extra hour to push all the walls, and the person playing it walks around like they have never seen the map before. Stopping at every corner to look around and never SR-50ing gets very boring. They even stepped into wrong teleporter and actually runs for another few minutes to get back to where they were. Also the computer map was in plain view(unreachable).

2. Secret exits that are found easier than the normal exits. This happened twice in 2 high quality megawads.

-Laz's Wolfendoom maps, because he's too damn lazy to put together a complete wad.
All the weapons in his wads are poorly aligned and still have the same pick-up message. <_<