Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
N8dogg187

I just got Master Levels...

And I can't get any of them, or the Maximum doom levels to run... I have Ultimate Doom (for Win 95) and Doon II (also for Win 95) running on Windows XP... I use Doom-it, and redirect the path to my doom and doom 2 folders, but they won't start up...

I did this for Attack.wad and it worked, but all the others just load up the starting level of Doom 2...

N8dogg187 said:

I use Doom-it, and redirect the path to my doom and doom 2 folders, but they won't start up...

The path in the doom-it configuration has to end with a backslash \ .

Greetings
Funduke

ZDL is great. You can easily launch any wad with any port.
If you like Doom95, I suggest trying Chocolate Doom. When Chocolate makes the cfg file automatically, set screen multiply to 2 instead of 1.
I have ZDL setup as my wad opener. All I have to do is click on a wad(no dragging) to launch ZDL and quickly start playing.

I keep this around when I play them. IDCLEV about half of them.

Level List: (the map names are for the map the wad will replace)
MAP01 : Attack.wad by Tim Willits
MAP25 : Blacktwr.wad by Sverre Kvernmo
MAP07 : Bloodsea.wad by Sverre Kvernmo
MAP01 : Canyon.wad by Tim Willits
MAP01 : Catwalk.wad by Chris Klie
MAP01 : Combine.wad by Chris Klie
MAP01 : Fistula.wad by Chris Klie
MAP01 : Garrison.wad by Chris Klie
MAP08 : Geryon.wad by Chris Klie
MAP01 : Manor.wad by Chris Klie
MAP07 : Mephisto.wad by Sverre Kvernmo
MAP05 : Minos.wad by Chris Klie
MAP07 : Nessus.wad by Chris Klie
MAP01 : Paradox.wad by Tom Mustaine
MAP01 : Subspace.wad by Chris Klie
MAP01 : Subterra.wad by Chris Klie
MAP31 : Teeth.wad by Sverre Kvernmo
MAP01 : Ttrap.wad by Jim Flynn
MAP09 : Vesperas.wad by Dr.Sleep
MAP03 : Virgil.wad by Dr.Sleep

Thanks abysmal, that got it working... I was trying to use the first map of Doom 2 to launch them... Now time to try all the other wads on this disc...

If you're for the real thing and can't use DOOM2.exe I suggest you to redirect Doomit to your Chocolate DOOM directory, and rename the chocolate DOOM exe to doom2.exe then Doomit will act as normal. And I really suggest to read the txt, they add a plus to the gaming experience, specialy in Sverre and Dr Sleep's maps. In case you warezed it, I'd like to tell you that the original box (one of the best in id's games) and a kick ass poster.

I added with the help of a fellow forum member a batch file that display the Master Levels pic when you run Doomit, and a diferent artwork for Maximum DOOM, problem is that they are designed for 640-480 resolution, the one I use (yeah I know for most people this is retarded).

What is so amazing about the poster (it is just grey with a few words)? I just threw it and the box away...

N8dogg187 said:
And I can't get any of them, or the Maximum doom levels to run... I have Ultimate Doom (for Win 95) and Doon II (also for Win 95) running on Windows XP... I use Doom-it, and redirect the path to my doom and doom 2 folders, but they won't start up...

If Doom-it is for the DOS engines (Doom/Doom2) it won't work with the Windows engine (Doom95).

iori said:

you can drag the wad over zdoom.exe

I have the Master Levels CD, and I find this method is by far the easiest. I just have both folders open at the same time, and a simple drag and drop is all it takes.

Thats pretty easy, but if you set all wads to open with ZDL all it takes is 1 click and push enter to start game. No need for 2 folders.
I have way to many maps to test and dragging and dropping gets a bit tedious.
I just figured out to set all my .lmp to open with ZDL. It wont load the .lmp but I can easily just type lmp name from external files list without having to look in folder for exact name.
I know dropping a lmp is much easier than typing it out or using the commandline. But dropping doesnt work with Chocolate and Prboom sometimes syncs out for me.

MAP08 : Geryon.wad by Dr.Sleep
MAP05 : Minos.wad by Dr.Sleep
MAP07 : Nessus.wad by Dr.Sleep

abysmal said:

I know dropping a lmp is much easier than typing it out or using the commandline. But dropping doesnt work with Chocolate and Prboom sometimes syncs out for me.

Which demos don't work with Prboom(-plus)? There should be very few at all (e.g. Tasdoom stuff, or ones recorded in an odd way) that aren't autodetected correctly (and thus won't work by dragging and dropping, and need a complevel specified in the command line). And I don't know of any Master Levels demos that won't work with Prboom-plus (other than blackbug.lmp taking one second longer).

N8dogg187 said:

What is so amazing about the poster (it is just grey with a few words)? I just threw it and the box away...

I CAN NOT BELEAVE YOU JUST DID THAT :O
/me dies

and you call yourself a doomer...

N8dogg187 said:

Aw man that's lameo. I've had to purchase that set twice, and when I got it the second time it didn't have the poster. I would really like to get one of those again.

N8dogg187 said:

Whoah, youre the most retarded person Ive ever met. And I used to go to Yahoo Messenger Chatrooms.

I hope that by "threw away" you're not insinuating that you threw them in the trash.

you... threw out the poster that came inside an extremely rare master levels? Of all the people to get that...

Chrono_T said:

you... threw out the poster that came inside an extremely rare master levels? Of all the people to get that...

Stradiwhovius?

It isn't rare... I could find it easily on the internet... I also just posted the link to the cheapest copy... So have at it!