Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Onthedot

How do you play?

I am a tactical player: cautious and prudent. I exploit every type of hide, try to save as much ammo as possible, so I exploit extensively infighting, etc.

Revenants are my friend. I make them shoot a rocket at me, then I run behind another monster. Revenants I make do alot of my work.

How I play?
Usually, I press some keys on the keyboard and move the mouse around, occasionaly pressing the mouse buttons.

But seriously, if I'm not cheating, I normally take the slow and steady approach, preparing for obvious set-ups and trying to be safe. When I'm cheating I usually take a faster approach, but somehow, I still can't avoid strafing to avoid fireballs and such :P

How I play depends on the map or style. On Tyson I'm usually not very careful and I try to kill the monsters as smoothly and efficient as possible. If I play HR or something else as difficult, I take my time and save often. I also have some maps where I just put on god mode and infinite ammo and have myself a little blastfest. DOOM rules.

Hero Style. Run in guns-a-blazing. Most of the time. I'm an Infighter as well, i love to piss them off, especially when I'm having a crummy day. It makes me smile >-)

I'm a big fan of the devastating shotty blast to the face followed by a quick duck 'round the corner whilst I reload. That way, you can take out the nearest Demon and get a glimpse of the remaining opposition and the lay-out of the room. But, it's not a great tactic if you want to complete a level without dying. For some reason, I was never an advocate of saving mid-level, but I think that helped improve my skills in later FPS games... but I digress. I'm old school when it comes to these games, i.e the best defense is an offense. Go the shotty!!!

I play cautiously. I try not to take on more than three at a time and I'll run back to cleared areas to better position myself. I also tend to clear out a map and then look for secrets and hidden caches. I also skip on large ammo items unless I can't get past a certain part without picking it up and I'll shoot off the ammo I just picked up.

My gamestyle is random. Sometimes I'm sneaking to enemies, sometimes I like open battles. Don't do it on MAP32 in Plutonia Experiment :)- it's better and safier to make "monster infighting".

The one thing I don't do is cheat. If I feel like exploring the level I'll noclip, but if I'm in a serious playing mood, I use no cheats at all. This may seem somewhat stubborn, but the way I see it, if you have to cheat in order to beat it, then there's some serious issues with the wad and it's not worth playing.

when i play i open a door and run in ready to blast everything.
Iam the worst at doing stupid stuff in here.

i use a rocket launcher on creatures that are really near by and still make it through the game even on nightmare mode!!! XXDD
(it is all luck that i survive)

I like to get monsters to infight as much as is feasible, especially Mancubi and Arachnotrons. Those two can take out almost anything. If I can get through an area without actually fighting a certain monster, I'll do it. I never interrupt a fight, unless it's obviously one-sided. Let them do all the work, I say.

I pick up the Berserk and use it whenever possible. I hate wasting ammo on Demons and Specters, and it's nice being able to kill Imps without weapons. The same goes for the chainsaw. Sometimes, even Revenants can be killed with the chainsaw, without a scratch.

I try to save cells and especially rockets, and in the early levels, sometimes even shells if I get the chainsaw. I try to get enemies to crowd around or line up before shooting the shotguns, but not if doing so is going to hurt me more than them. The plasma rifle only gets used if everything needs to die RIGHT NOW, or if I've got nothing else left.