Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lazer

I'm having extreme trouble with Wad Author's ACS compiler!

I have a sector that I want to have blue lighting. I tagged it 1, and put in this script (which happens to be the only script I have put in my level so far):

#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 OPEN
{

//Blue
Sector_SetColor (const:1, 0, 0, 255);

}

I hit compile and it compiles. Next, I save my map and then test it. The script never activates, so, the sector never turns blue. I've also tried using an OPEN script to try to create sparks at the beginning of the level, again, nothing.

Press "Show" after it compiled. Maybe there was some error while trying to do so. If anything went wrong, there should be a error message in the box at the bottom of the script dialog.

Nothing appears in the "show" box.

EDIT: I believe I know what the problem is. I took an example level that only showed off lighting and tried making slight changes to that with WA. Like, I changed the:

Sector_SetColor (const:1, 0, 0, 255);
to
Sector_SetColor (const:2, 0, 0, 255);

When I started it up, the sector that was tagged with 1, was still blue! This means that somehow WA is not applying the changes even though it said it compiled. Even after I have saved and exitted WA, when I come back it shows the changes I made. This is very strange...

Well, looks like it doesn't save the compiled script to the wad. This can be caused by errors while compiling (yes, I know that it does not show any errors). Unfortunately I've got no idea how to fix it :/

Check your path for "long" file names. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with some configuration issue:)

But since you ask, yes ZETH and DeePsea can both handle ZDOOM levels - slightly better since they both let you directly access to the extended SECTOR and LINEDEF flags (without hex hacking).

If you are a WA prefab person, then use the prefabs in DeePsea. Same thing, only the prefabs are interactive - you can place and size them in real time, plus it's much easier to drag and split linedefs. Toolbars are the easiest way to select prefabs. Customize to your taste:)

PS: I did your scripts as posted and they worked fine.

I don't know what was wrong, but I semi-fixed it. I copied WA into a new folder. From there, I was able to use it fine. The only problem I ran into was that some commands such as "Sector_SetColor" give me this type of error:

Error #48: Identifier has not been declared.
> Sector_SetColor
> ^
Identifier: sector_setcolor
Host byte order: LITTLE endian

What is this all about? If it didn't give me this error, I would be able to add colored lighting at the start! I've also tried opening other wads that use Sector_SetColor and it gives me the same error when I try hitting compile.

This looks like the kind of error you might get if one of the required files are missing.

Make sure you have the following files in the correct directory (that should be the same one as the script you are compiling - at least that works for me with DeePsea - maybe you will need to have them in the ACC directory instead - try both).

zcommon.acs
zspecial.acs
zdefs.acs
zwvars.acs