Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Black Doomers?

I Always wondered if there's any Black people who post here? I'm not raciest or
anything but I just curious since by the looks of things it "seems" that the Doom Community is mostly white dominated.....I could be wrong in the same time.

It's from more than two years ago, but you might find this thread of interest. Though I'm not sure how someone in the polar regions would interpret the final poll option.

Doomers are either white European decedents or the occasional hispanic fellow. I can't think of many Black or Asian Doom fans at all

There's billions of people, a lot of them dont post on forums, Im sure tons of people play DooM.

Bloodshedder said:
NOT BLACK, PUERTO RICAN.

Well, does he have any ancestors from Africa?

How black is black, though? Most people are part this, part that.

I'm part Basque, and part caucasian. And no idea if I have semitic ancestors, though it's certainly possible.

Nightmare Doom said:

I Always wondered if there's any Black people who post here? I'm not raciest or
anything but I just curious since by the looks of things it "seems" that the Doom Community is mostly white dominated.....I could be wrong in the same time.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there are black people who play Doom. There are plenty of black nerds out there who like old games just as much as we do. The only Doomer I know of who has actually shown his real life picture is Linguica, and he's as pale as a dead body!

myk said:

Well, does he have any ancestors from Africa?

Likely. Im also told that Im part Spaniard by 3 or 4 generations, and possibly part native ("Amerindian"). It's difficult to tell without a bit of investigation. And it all really depends on how far back in time you care to go. Since I was born on the island, I'll stick to calling myself Puerto Rican. But wait, my parents were born in New York! Oh no!

And damnit, will you people stop using that awful shot of me!

Demographically speaking, the majority of doomers are, based on my own (completely uninformed) guess, probably mostly caucasian (loosely) due to doom's initial arriveal as a PC game during a time when PCs were less common.

iirc tsareppsun was. I remember that coming out in some fight with deadnail years ago on the old forum.

But I don't really care.

Haven't seen him since then either.

Im not black, but im also not white, im Native american and im curious of the other races of people that post here, aside from black.

Amaster said:

And damnit, will you people stop using that awful shot of me!

Yeah this shot is much better, and is clear proof that ASSMASTER IS THE YOUNG BILLY DEE!

Lüt said:

iirc tsareppsun was. I remember that coming out in some fight with deadnail years ago on the old forum.

But I don't really care.

Haven't seen him since then either.

DAMN, LUT! I didn't think anybody would remember back that far. HAH!! I wouldn't really call it a fight, But some harsh comments were made cuz I felt deadnail was dissing my kind. But we squashed it and made up shortly afterwards and we was cool afterwards........kinda.

But I haven't really abandon this site, It was just that there's not much to talk about these days. On the DOOM3 furum, I remember how We all use to raise all kinds of hell about what we would want to see on upcoming DOOM3, but now that it's out!! And we all saw how it came out........So now what's to talk about? We disscuss some of our likes or dislikes of the game and that was that. All we can do now is kinda reflect back on how great O'l classic DOOM will always stay in our minds, hearts and souls, I guess...........There's no DOOM4 happening? ya know?

P.S. I've said quite a bit since back then, LUT, just check your search forum.

The TSAR's out.

I'm a hispanic texan who speaks only enough spanish to graduate from high school lol
in other words my whole family are the kind of people you see in Mind of Mencia (legal, if you must ask) but I act white or whatever I don't go jajaja and I almost developed a British accent from living in the UK so long.

I was born in Puerto Rico, both of my parents are 100 percent Puerto Rican. I grew up in the U.S. and also spent some time in Europe(Italy and Crete, Air Force brat). I speak perfect English and understand a little Spanish. I believe my ancestors are african(slaves), indian(the boriqua tribe that inhabited the island before the Spaniards arrived), and Spaniard. I was hooked on the classic Dooms back in the early 90's because my father worked with computers in the military so he had a bunch of computer geek friends that turned him(and me in the process) on to PC gaming. And I personally don't know any black people who play PC games, the ones I know are usually in to console sports games.

Higher Game said:

I'm white and proud.

I’m white and not proud of it. I can’t be proud of something I’m not responsible of.
In fact, I don’t care if someone here is white, black, green or a dog.

ducon said:

I’m white and not proud of it. I can’t be proud of something I’m not responsible of.
In fact, I don’t care if someone here is white, black, green or a dog.

I would care about the dog thing...