Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amnesia

are these forums going to be upgraded to vb 3.5?

i was just wondering whether these forums will be upgraded to vb 3.5.

i'm a long time doomer and enjoy reading these forums, btw.

my zdaemon handle is 't8'

I think I've seen this question be asked before, and i think doomworld will probably never upgrade.

no because doomworld isnt one of those HAHAHAHA FUNNNY PRETTY FEATURES LOL I CAN LIEK SMS U ON DW!!!! communities who fall for every gimmick on the internet

except for a select unnamed few.

The only upgrade we would do is 2.2.9 and I stopped pushing for that about 2 years ago after everybody said "good idea" and never did anything :P

But no 3+ version of VB will ever taint this site, that's one thing we're all certain about.

Technician said:

I love this board's simplicity. I hate all these neo 3-D gif cluttered boards.

Same here. It's simple, has none of that extra bullshit gimmicks and it loads fast. I love it.

i guess you're right.

i'm wondering why you haven't upgraded to the latest since this version does has some security vulnerabilities that people are just too lazy to exploit...

i like the 'retro' feel of it.

vBulletin 2.x versions still get security updates when they become available as new, so that's no issue when it's still supported.

amnesia said:

phpBB is essentially vBulletin 2.x

ROFL

So far from the truth...

vBulliten 3.x is dogshit. It might be nice to upgrade to the absolute last version of 2.x, but 3.x adds so many useless features and unnecissary bloat from an end-users perspective, and I can't even imagine what the host goes through.

Something Awful figured this out, and they're one of the largest clients of vB to boot. So their admin is creating a whole new board system from scratch. Hopefully, he'll make it avalable to the public after he's done with it.

EDIT: Holy shit, clicky clicky!