Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ralphis

X Men 3 - The Last Stand Reactions (SPOILERZ)

Well, I just went and saw it and I must say that I enjoyed it much. The only issue I had was that they didn't elaborate more on characters like Angel.

Of course, the biggest and most awesome surprise of the movie was when Kitty sticks the Juggernaut in the floor and he looks up and says "Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut bitch!" Awesome fan service, the crowd went wild.

Actually I take it back, it was not the biggest surprise. The fact that Xavier was ripped into pieces and made dead along with Cyclops was sort of a "WTF?". By Jean's death it wasn't surprising to know that she was dead too.

So yea, action packed. Good stuff to me. How does everyone else feel about it?

When I see the word "spoilers", my mind just completely blocks it out, I find.

I hope to see it tonight, so I haven't read the first post yet, heh.

I saw it yesterday, it was pretty good.

Did anyone else stay through the credits to see the bit at the end? I remember half the theater waiting to see it and then a resounding "What the hell was THAT?" after everyone discovering how crazy short it was.

Watched it and enjoyed it... I wasn't a fan of the X-Men but found this movie quite entertaining. I was also surprised at the character deaths... sheesh. I didn't think that Cyclops had actually died until Xavier's funeral.

Devin said:

I saw it yesterday, it was pretty good.

Did anyone else stay through the credits to see the bit at the end? I remember half the theater waiting to see it and then a resounding "What the hell was THAT?" after everyone discovering how crazy short it was.

Someone want to explain that bit? I missed it...

I think they could have expanded the characters a bit more as well, but other than that I enjoyed it muchly.

The fight between pyro and ice-man could have been longer.

Planky said:

Someone want to explain that bit? I missed it...

Wikipedia sez:

A hidden scene has been tacked on to the film after the end credits have rolled. The scene depicts a man in a hospital bed awakening from a comatose state. The scene is the pay off to a sequence that is set up early in the film while Professor Xavier gives a lecture on the ethics on the misuse of mutant powers. In the hidden scene, the man awakes from his comatose state and calls out to Dr. MacTaggert using Xavier's voice. Dr. MacTaggert replies, "Charles is that you?”.

I missed that, and they keep saying that there wont be a sequel too, when it is also revealed right at the end (before the credits) that Magneto still has some power, or has a different power (i doubt those chess peices he moves with his mind are metal, maybe he has power over plastics now?). I think overall it wasnt as good as number 2, but was better than some comic fans are saying (i never read the comics and hated the impenetrable, confusing 90's cartoon, so i'm not aware any changes to the "original" story that more hardcore fans might not like)

Ralphis said:

Of course, the biggest and most awesome surprise of the movie was when Kitty sticks the Juggernaut in the floor and he looks up and says "Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut bitch!" Awesome fan service, the crowd went wild.

I laughed my ass off. To bad Juggernaut helmet looked stuped. They could have done
a way better job.

Good stuff, but yeah the end revealed the cure was temporary.

Plenty of funny injokes, and yes people applaused at the juggernaut bitch joke. =D

Juggernaut was my favorite character, but they could have done better for the movie. He doesn't feel massive and indestructible enough.

I'm with Ralphis on this one.

The Juggernaut line took the cake in hilarity, and in surprises, it was when Xavier died.

OMFG SUPAR OLTRA SPOILAR ALART IN DIS REPLY PLZ B CAYRFULL!!!111

I'm sort of curious as to how they're going to continue the series. Magneto was the main villian and with him gone, there's really no threat.

baronofhell said:

Is it just me, or does the movie version of the juggernaut kinda resemble the quake guy?(from quake 1)

Get out of my mind!

Rotting Corpse said:

I laughed my ass off. To bad Juggernaut helmet looked stuped. They could have done
a way better job.

At least Vinnie Jones did a good job on this scene.

Saw it last night. Interesting story, attention to visual detail, obligatory question mark at the end, actors halfheartedly trying to make the most out of flat and uninspired dialogue. Earmarks of a classic action movie.

There were a few things that bugged me about the film, but overall it was good. Of the annoyances were:

No explanation as to the absence of Nightcrawler.

Phoenix wasn't a big fiery bird thing.

Still missing too many characters from the comic and cartoon.

Although Juggernaut's line was good, my comical highlight of the film was Wolverine's "grow those back".

Craigs said:

I'm sort of curious as to how they're going to continue the series.

Apparently, they aren't... sort of. Rumour has it there's going to be a Wolverine movie and a Magneto movie, but whether they'll be direct sequels remains to be seen.

DooMAD said:

Although Juggernaut's line was good, my comical highlight of the film was Wolverine's "grow those back".

Which happens to be just 10 seconds before the "I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch" moment. :)

See below:

As for the movie itself, I enjoyed it. The house scene was very impressive and the disintegration of Xavier was indeed a suprise.

Technician said:

Juggernaut was my favorite character, but they could have done better for the movie. He doesn't feel massive and indestructible enough.

Very true. They could have made him look a lot taller. Just like they made all the actors that played Hobbits in LOTR seem 3 feet tall. Also I'm still disapointed in the fact that Omega Red didnt get more screen time. He is one of the coolest X-Men villains of all time.
Over all the moive was great.

I hope there is a Wolverine moive. I would love if it was about him and Sabertooth.

Craigs said:

I'm sort of curious as to how they're going to continue the series. Magneto was the main villian and with him gone, there's really no threat.

I'd presume Apocalypse myself.

Rotting Corpse said:

I hope there is a Wolverine moive. I would love if it was about him and Sabertooth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(film)

also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magneto_(film)

Rotting Corpse said:

Also I'm still disapointed in the fact that Omega Red didnt get more screen time. He is one of the coolest X-Men villains of all time.

I didn't think he was in the movie at all. But yes, easily one of the best villains in the series. I always play as him in the X-Men: Children of the Atom arcade game.

I really liked the movie, but I still dont feel like a REAL fan made it. It was great, but could have been tons better. I hated the fact Omega Red, Psylocke and countless other GOOD characters were merely destroyed without even being introduced. And you could argue, "Hey, youre a fan, you should know who they are!" but its kind of hard when say Pyslocke doest even attempt to use her psionic knife.

baronofhell said:

Is it just me, or does the movie version of the juggernaut kinda resemble the quake guy?(from quake 1)

So THAT'S why he looked familiar...