Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bloodshedder

Skulltag 0.97b Is Not Released

I can't decide what's more exciting, this new Skulltag or the Impse party.
Keep up the good work, sounds like a lot of fun.

Heh, I'm still banned from the forums and can't see it.

EDIT: Oh wait, it's on the front page. Hopefully net games work when running this version under wine.

exp(x) said:

Heh, I'm still banned from the forums and can't see it.

Oh waah. You placed that ban on yourself.

Carnevil said:

Oh waah. You placed that ban on yourself.

Haha, yeah I did.

Impse Party is in fact a distraction powerup to distract your opponent to the virge of crying.

Just kidding.

Actually it's a powerup meant to incur massive amounts of brain damage to all enemy players for 5 hours straight, or until they go brain dead. Personally I think it works quite well.

AgentSpork said:

Actually it's a powerup meant to incur massive amounts of brain damage to all enemy players for 5 hours straight, or until they go brain dead. Personally I think it works quite well.

We need that in real life war. :)

Im so hyped for this, skulltag > all online FPS besides Unreal tounrament

Looking good, but this is an online project. And most people who use it are bound to use a fast connection. So, you don't have to compress the video so much. I prefer to download a 100mb vid showing it off with good graphics, rather than download a 10mb clip that shows shitty compressed graphics.

Wobbo said:

Im so hyped for this, skulltag > all online FPS besides Unreal tounrament

Actually, Unreal Tournament > all online FPS besides Skulltag.

kristus said:

Looking good, but this is an online project. And most people who use it are bound to use a fast connection. So, you don't have to compress the video so much. I prefer to download a 100mb vid showing it off with good graphics, rather than download a 10mb clip that shows shitty compressed graphics.

Actually, that resolution is the highest that Fraps would allow WastedYouth to record at. That resolution wasn't chosen out of trying to keep the video small or anything (though I don't particularly mind, because I think it looks fine, and all of skulltag.com's bandwidth isn't being eaten up).

RazTK said:

Actually, Unreal Tournament > all online FPS besides Skulltag.

Either way, the point is im creaming my pants over a mod. The best things in life really are free apparently.

Carnevil. Well, I was not bothered by the resolution. Particularly as I know how taxing it is for the system to record when the GPU is not used for processing the graphics- But I was reffering to the compression of the video. it's VERY compressed, and that is not done on run time since that requires even more CPU power than to just record it straight off.

But as it is now, it's quite compressed, and that makes it blurry and the visuals are flwoing around, much like as if my screen was made out of a liquid.

If you want to spare your bandwidth (something I can understand) I suggest you use free hosts like ModDB ( http://www.moddb.com ) to host the files.

Anyway, I am looking forward to this next step in the skulltag evolution.

Or the video can be encoded with x264, thus making everyone (me) happy!

kristus: Bleh, sorry for the last response, but alright. I didn't realize that the compression was causing the problems. If we ever make another trailer (perhaps for a new version down the line), I'll keep that in mind.

heh I didn't even realize the quality was so bad. I actually thought it looked really good. Oh well. I'm used to playing in 640x480 anyway, even with my new machine.

Sign in to follow this