Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
seiya

Strange problem in Doombuilder

Recently, I loaded up Doombuilder and went to edit a map I had made the previous night in Doombuilder and it was all funky. Well, I loaded the map in Hexen and it looked fine, but Doombuilder was displaying it wierd. Doombuilder started being unable to build nodes and would not display thumbnails for the textures that I had loaded from the IWAD. Finally, when I tried to add or edit any THING items, the program crashed with a "Run-time error '91'". I have re-installed both version 1.66 and 1.67 with the same results.

Screenshot of what doombuilder does to the map:
http://users.goldengate.net/~drakar/doombuilder.jpg

Screen shot of what the same map loaded right afterwards in Slade looks like:
http://users.goldengate.net/~drakar/slade.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Seiya

I was using XWE to add MAPINFO into my wad. Because I added the new entry not as last but somewhere in the middle of file, it really cofused Doombuilder.
Map, which was called MAP01 was now named MAPINFO. And after saving, XWE read some rubbish, simmilar to yours...

CX1 said:

I was using XWE to add MAPINFO into my wad. Because I added the new entry not as last but somewhere in the middle of file, it really cofused Doombuilder.
Map, which was called MAP01 was now named MAPINFO. And after saving, XWE read some rubbish, simmilar to yours...

As far as I know, some of the map specific lumps have to be in a particular order. You probably put the mapinfo somewhere that broke the order. When you asked xwe to then show you the map, it expects a certain file where you jammed the mapinfo.

Just use ctrl + u or ctrl + d to move the mapinfo out of the list of map lumps (things, linedefs, sidedefs, etc).

It looks like doom builder isn't detecting the map as being in hexen format (most likely because the BEHAVIOR is in the wrong spot). SLADE displays it fine because it's more forgiving with the lump ordering (dunno if that's a good or bad thing though :P Guess if it shows up in hexen fine its ok). Did you try saving it in SLADE then opening it with DB/XWE? That should fix up the lump order for the map.

SlayeR said:

It looks like doom builder isn't detecting the map as being in hexen format (most likely because the BEHAVIOR is in the wrong spot). SLADE displays it fine because it's more forgiving with the lump ordering (dunno if that's a good or bad thing though :P Guess if it shows up in hexen fine its ok). Did you try saving it in SLADE then opening it with DB/XWE? That should fix up the lump order for the map.

FEATURE REQUEST: Make your editor detect and correct lump order. All editors should probably have something like this. Or, rather, have it bring up a box that says "bad lump order detected, would you like to correct? click here to view lump in question" (so you'd know if the editor were making the right correction). And then a "click here for more info" to describe the problem and the proper lump order so the user could order the lumps correctly manually (if the editor didn't know what order to put them in but could tell there was a problem).

OK, another request then: Can you make it so that you can split lines and do stuff like move vertices around?

Uh what? It wouldn't be an editor if it couldn't do that. Anyway this is hardly the place to be discussing feature requests for SLADE :P

SlayeR said:

Uh what? It wouldn't be an editor if it couldn't do that. Anyway this is hardly the place to be discussing feature requests for SLADE :P

I'll try a little harder this time:

FEATURE REQUEST: Make a Doom map editor that supports Doom.