Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMENSTEIN

Court rules no whistle-blower free-speech right

Nightmare Doom said:
Whatever it is that you know that the Government told you not to talk about, It'll most likely to reveal how sick & evil the Government really is so that would make Americans or even the entire world wake up & rise in revolt and try to overthrow the Government (or mabye the Elite) once they are revealed to be TRUE ENEMY of mankind.....

Yes, he's probably travelled in an alien space ship when they took him off to a special training center the CIA and the extra-terrestrials have put together.

Erp said:

I was told quite clearly that there are some things that I am not supposed to talk about, EVER.

What, classified stuff or just things they didn't want you discuss personally?

Erp said:

When I joined the US Army, I knowingly signed away most of my rights, and before I left the army, I was "debriefed". I was told quite clearly that there are some things that I am not supposed to talk about, EVER.

You are clearly confused. Whistleblowers are not "I hate my boss I'm going to tell on them", Whistleblowers are people who come forward with information that is usually a gross misconduct they have seen at their place of employment. Take a look at the whistleblower for Watergate, who exposed the prsident and cohorts engaged in illegal wiretapping, or the CIA informant who blew the lid on the NSA spying on millions of citizens.

These people were RIGHT to speak out, not "tattletales". If your brother steals $300 from your parents or your sister kills your friend... that's not tattling to tell someone what they are doing, that's just the right thing. I'd imagine your parents taught you that much.

Yes, whistleblowers need protection from persecution.

Scuba Steve said:
You are clearly confused. Whistleblowers are not "I hate my boss I'm going to tell on them", Whistleblowers are people who come forward with information that is usually a gross misconduct they have seen at their place of employment.

I don't see how you drew that conclusion from what he said; that even he, a mere combat medic, had to sign a heavy non-disclosure policy agreement, and that thus one isn't to be surprised if higher-ups (such as intelligence operatives and agents) have even tighter agreements to go by, making it difficult for them to intervene in legal issues (a tough matter in itself, especially if politics are involved) where the information they possess may come in handy, particularly if these are coupled with other pressures that they may be exposed to by being involved in behind the scenes and covert activity.

myk said:

Yes, of course, Mr. Vice President, and it's an honor to have you here at the Doomworld Forums!

The fact is that no matter how hard you try to conceal information, if you conceal great quantities and a large part of that is "questionable", no matter the effort, it will leak in one way or another, sooner or later. It's evident that the government is struggling viciously with this issue, because it's immersed itself in a crisis due to its basically criminal behavior.

As for Mexico, you've got to understand it has to deal with the fact that it's a Latin American country, but it's right next to the US (and thus sometimes almost an extension of it).

PS: There's a hidden pun in "vice" president; most fitting!

I have to agree with you on this. Giving away troop locations, vital intelegence information (however fucked up it is), or secret weapons research is one thing. Letting the world know when politicians are blatenely breking the law and/ or intentionally trying to fuck the people is something else entirely.

If some congressman, senator, or someone in the administration is stealing my tax dollars or envading my privacy, or otherwise engaged in illeagl activities i think we the people have the right to know. Punishing the people who tell us will only promote more bad behavior on the part of the polititians.

The fact that someone can now effectively lie, cheat, and steal and hide behind the confidentiality of the so called "classified information" is outragous and can't be allowed.