Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Submerge

drat it all!

My computer classes have shut off the internet, restricting how often I can post! Damn! I'll still post, but just not quite as often. I hope none of you are depressed by this tragic turn of events.

Oh, and for something to actually discuss: Have you ever used a computer where you can only right click with the mouse? I did this morning, and It sucked ass.

There's no such thing as a computer where you can only right-click. It's either your imagination or some incredible stupidity (not necessarily yours - could be BBG for example).

I've used certain machines running NT 4.0 that only allow non-admin users to operate your programs with the keyboard and the LEFT mouse button. Yeah, that's right, there's no way to pull down those menus. Grr, piece of shit...

I've had times where the left mouse button starts acting like the right button. All you gotta do is right-click once, then the left button starts acting normal again.

You ever figure the mouse might be broken?

yea my school has a security program that will do that so here is a trick. bring in a floppy disk loaded with DOS, try the version that is also on the system. It will boot from the floppy, unless they turned that off in the BIOS. If u really want to piss them off get into the hard drive and delet the security program, or parts of it so it crashes, then boot up as normal. If u arnt out to get them use DOS and boot windows in safe mode, depending on the software the security program will not be run, turn it off if u can then reboot. These are two basic trick we have used. Also if the internet is locked out try this. open word, then go to open under file. click the internet icon( planet with magnifing glass) and it may bring up the explorer by passing the password, this trick my also be limited by setups or software.

There's no such thing as a computer where you can only right-click. It's either your imagination or some incredible stupidity (not necessarily yours - could be BBG for example).

On the Mac's at my school the mouse has only one button, and guess what side its on?

On the Mac's at my school the mouse has only one button, and guess what side its on?

In the trashcan!!!111

I used to have a Logitec trackball mouse with 2 buttons and a scrolling thing in the middle. Then I got a Microsoft motion senser mouse with the same button configuration. I just plugged it in and it seemed to work pretty well with the old Logitec configuration. Then my dad comes over and tells me I need to install the new software. We do, and the mouse runs a lot smoother, but now the damn scroller doesn't work!

Now I have to use the damn page up/page down buttons. Oh well.

Have you ever used a computer where you can only right click with the mouse?

it's the opposite way at my school, except on the start bar.

You allowed some chump to install anything BUT Logitech mouseware on the comp? That's not acceptable. Put it back at once! :)

Hmm....the mouses at college have TWO (yes, TWO normal buttons) buttons.......
Government conspiracy?