Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

Abadox is hard...

That is truly a sad and pathetic display. Not even past the first level? Hell, I could do that when I was a little kid and fist got the game. And the bosses are generally much easier than the levels, when you consider that with each boss there is a safe area where you can attack and not get hit. I mean, the game is hard, but certainly beatable.

I'd like to see a video of this generation's console gamers going through the NES Contra.

Angst abound!

leileilol said:

I'd like to see a video of this generation's console gamers going through the NES Contra.

Angst abound!

Try it without using the cheat code.

leileilol said:

Most of my friends are unable to even identify a door in Doom. I tried to get them to play coop once, and it was pathetic.

Ichor said:

Try it without using the cheat code.

kinda redundant, because they probably are not aware of the 30 lives cheat either

I got that far on my first try. Of course, that was last week, so... *shrug*

leileilol said:

Without dying baby.

Also, Battletoads is the most ridiculous game ever made for level of retarded frustration.

I remember thinking about renting it once. Somehow Abadox reminds me of R-Type a lot. As for frustrating games, Super Ghouls & Ghosts has its moments. Thank God for emulator save states.

There are three games that come to mind which are, for me, nearly impossible. They also happen to be some of my favorite games ever, heh.

1. Chakan: The Foreverman (Genesis). I can't even beat this on Easy, which gives you unlimited potions.

2. Another World/Out of This World. This is a game I highly respect for its design, story, and art...but making it past level 2 is hard enough. Younger gamers today would probably be turned off by level 1.

3. Fatal Fury Special (NeoGeo/AES). Not RBFFS.

Bucket said:

OOTW was hard...?
Required thinking, maybe, but actually difficult?

To me it was, yeah. The puzzles were easy, but I never got timings right.

Heh. Abadox isnt that omg hard of a game. Mind you its not that omg fun either so I only played past the first level.

And for me, I still havent beaten Super C.

Commandos. I barely got through level two.

And Hitman: Codename 47, which I managed to get through, but only after 1E100 attempts for each level.

...Which was essentially the sequel to Gradius.
Life Force did have simultaneous co-op, though, which earns it an instant 200cc of Liquid Awesome.

I have to say, the 3D iteration of Contra on the PS2 was pretty tough (lots of mid bosses).

The old NES Metal Gear was quite hard too. I got pretty far on it, but the collision checks on the trap doors sucked. Even if the hole opening up came into contact with Snake's head, he was considered dead. Even Hideo Kojima said that the NES Metal Gear games were too hard. That's why I'm thankful for my MSX emulator so I can play the true originals. None of that Snake's Revenge bullshit.

My brother played through the last level of Earthworm Jim on the Megadrive with invinciblity, and we failed to see how it was even possible, the walls, floor and ceilings could all hurt you, it was crammed with enemies, and you had to make perfect jumps or 'flights' (using his head as a rotor blade) to tiny platforms in a sea of spikes. The Mystic Cave Zone in Sonic 2 was pretty unforgiving too, possible but unforgiving