Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MikeyScoots

Oblivion Fans watch out

Yes, graphics are everything! Doom sucks because the graphics are terrible.

Pfft, Oblivion is more of an open-ended RPG. Dark Messiah looks like a fantasy action FPS.

Edit: Also lol source engine

Rather unimpressive. It's a first person hack-and-slash with nothing overly exciting except for some of the weapon animations. How is this supposed to put Oblivion into... oblivion...?

If you click the link in the first post then choose Media from the menu, check out gabe newell's face. It's hilariously fat.

Nothing desperately new, exciting or innovative there. Doesn't look bad, but I see nothing to justify the enthusuasm of the first post in this thread.

The FAQ listed on the forum indicates that this is a first person shooter in a fantasy setting. It's almost entirely unrelated to Oblivion. I cant even imagine why you'd be comparing the two.

The game looks pretty. But, well, what else is there to say?

thats fucking astonishing. im already sold.

also, fuck the FUD in this thread :|

insertwackynamehere said:

i remember playing heroes III way back, that was always fun.. is this somehow related?

Not really, but heroes v is out now and it's almost as good as iii.

I don't see Dark messiah stomping Oblivion although it might be worth playing. It looks more like a cross between Arx Fatalis and HeXen II.

Two Worlds looks more Oblivion clone-ish...

For those who claim this isnt like Oblivion, you have to know that Might and Magic has always been a non-linear game. Might and Magic 6 which got the best ratings had 100-150 hours of gameplay as you could do whatever you wanted until you were built up in levels and ready to take on the main storyline. Dark Messiah is taking on a new step with the combat which is sorta like Oblivion but doesnt include party members like the games did in the past.

Edit: Oh and Heroes V relates to MM in many ways. King Nicolai-He was a prince in 6 and became king around the end of 6 once you beat it.

oblivion looks crap anyway.

loads of people compare things that aren't alike. Say techno music and heavy metal music. you compare to find differences so I don't know why people are like 'omgz this is liek n0thing li3k oblivi0n'

Supreme Commander is gonna be the best game out darlings :P

Bloodskull said:

For those who claim this isnt like Oblivion, you have to know that Might and Magic has always been a non-linear game.

What does that matter when the videos give the impression that it's little more than half-life 2 with swords and goblins and neato weapon animations?

Christ, one of the e3 videos was 8 minutes of some dork going on about the environment and how great it is and how you should look around. Which meant finding conviently placed ropes to cut in order to drop logs and shit on monsters. I remember seeing that exact crap in the half-life 2 preview videos.

Quast said:

Christ, one of the e3 videos was 8 minutes of some dork going on about the environment and how great it is and how you should look around. Which meant finding conviently placed ropes to cut in order to drop logs and shit on monsters. I remember seeing that exact crap in the half-life 2 preview videos.

Heh i watched that for some reason. It looked pretty gaybar. They had the gravity gun in (in the form of a telekinesis spell or something) and they ripped off the Duke3D freezer and shrinker weapons. You even use the mighty boot to shatter them when they are frozen :/. Also the way he killed that ogre looking thing in the second part was stupid, he basically lured it in front of something, cut this rope and sent a log swinging out which the ogre was too retarded to even think about avoiding. Great AI.