Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

FPS Creator, the next slige

Wow, they've come a long way. I remember when everything looked like Timesplitters 1 and the most complicated thing you could do was add a window.

neat.

maybe my dream of a spiritual remake of of the doom bible with system shock 2 elements might one day pop into exstiance.

Now I can make 1998 style FPS without coding? Just what I always wanted!

This looks like it'd be fun just to mess around with.

I remember the Timesplitters 3 level creation being pretty fun and kept me entertained for a while. This might be cool just to check out. But not in that "hurr I made a game, guys!" sort of way.

it's very slow, it takes forever to "compile", and it has crap art.

This is WORSE than the Pie 3D GCS (which actually had allowed more creative freedom than this fps crapator)

Lizardcommando said:

That's pretty cool. I'd get it if only:

(a)I had some money.
(b)If I had a newer computer.

I have the money. I need more RAM. I got a 64MB upgrade yesterday...don't know if its enough.

It would have been great if they had made this before FPS as a genre became deadhorsewhipped.

sidarmas said:

I have the money. I need more RAM. I got a 64MB upgrade yesterday...don't know if its enough.

WTF they still sell RAM in 64 MB sticks?

EDIT: And this looks quite dumb. As in, why the fuck was it created dumb.

Maybe somebody will buy this thing, spend 2 years making their "game," at which point nobody wants to play at, causing said person to commit suicide. Then we can fire up a games cause depression debate.

yeah, but that would be a one sided arguement. With yourself. Amoung your peers. Who are watching...

HobbsTiger1 said:

EDIT: And this looks quite dumb. As in, why the fuck was it created dumb.

Just because the game engine(s) for the FPS Creator are outdated doesn't mean that the program or what it can be used to create is useless or outdated. Plenty of people here still edit for Doom, so the same argument could be used in that case as well.

I mean, really, how ironic/hypocritical is it that someone in the Doom community would say, "OMFG that is liek sooo old it sux!1"

it's not because it's outdated, it's because it's only limited to less-than cookie-cutter games.

The only person who would use this is a kid/40 year old wanting to make a quick buck by placing a bunch of objects together in a common motif provided from the library (i.e. ww2, future, etc) and pass that out as a legit game.

Well damn. People try to make stuff with this program for the sake of profit? Ha. I never would have guessed. I figured it'd just be some hobbyist tool in order to make some freeware thing online for other people to download. Like a sort of gay community or something. But for money? No wonder there's a bit of laughter in this thread.

I tried it for an hour or so. I thought it was kinda cool at first but then things started going downhill once I added enemies. The AI is horrible and having more than one enemy tends to lag me alot.

I'd give it one balls, out of five for the fun factor.

Hmmm...

...think I'd rather use the DOOM engine. On the other hand even though it may limit creative freedom, I think I still might find this fun so long as it was REALLY quick and REALLY easy.