Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Checkmate

Multi Marine Idea

I woke up this morning with this idea and tonight I put together a quick and dirty concept wad. It's single player but you automatically switch between different marines on the map(you see a 1 or 2 when switching) Sorry if this has been done but I can't remember playing a level like it. Anyway let me know what you think. I don't think I'll be doing anything with it. I got it out of my system :)

(Boom compat port needed / now fixed for Risen3d and unmixed textures and flats -tested with PRBoom too. Although my version of Legacy doesn't work[no voodoo dolls] newer versions may.)

http://rapidshare.de/files/22121103/FakeCo-op4.wad.html

Interesting concept.

But you forgot to place tag # 13 on linedef 29 and tag # 13 for sector 8. linedef 29's action is Switch Repeatable.

As it stands the door will not open in Risen3D and probably other boom compatible ports. The above fixes.

Hawkwind - thnks for pointing that out. Upped fixed version. I tested it on Zdoom and the tag isn't required.

When I shoot the green guy the screen goes red!

Plus you messed up and used flats for textures and textures for flats.

Textures are for walls, flats are for floors and ceilings and use a special format. Newer versions of ZDoom let you mix the two.

EarthQuake said:

Textures are for walls, flats are for floors and ceilings and use a special format. Newer versions of ZDoom let you mix the two.

So other ports don't support this? Good to know.

myk said:

When I shoot the green guy the screen goes red!

Plus you messed up and used flats for textures and textures for flats.

Upped a fixed version (first post) to fix the texture/flat thing. As far as shooting the voodoo doll, injury could be prevented in a proper wad. Along with not seeing it 'slide' across the floor, etc, etc.

Probably a good idea if making a boom compat. wad to only test it with prboom-prboom+. Then you are "guaranteed" the wad will run correctly with boom compat. ports.

Risen3D supports the mixing of flats\textures- the reason I didn't spot that one.

hawkwind said:

Probably a good idea if making a boom compat. wad to only test it with prboom-prboom+. Then you are "guaranteed" the wad will run correctly with boom compat. ports.

Thanks for the info. I have three maps in the works that mix textures/flats and probably other non 'pure' Boom compatable elements. Oh well. Better to find out now than just before release...

Very creative, but particulary ingenious having in mind the limited tools you used. I can't imagine what could be done exploting the features of an advanced port. It's a pity that to make a full playable map with this sounds like a very intrincate task.

Now I want some co-op with the computer, is there any decent co-op bot?

Vegeta - Thanks

I've upped a 'Final'? version (first post) that works with prBoom. There was a pesky blood1 flat used on a wall that I finally found and removed. My version of Legacy doesn't support voodoo dolls but I remember reading somewhere that they're being put back in. Don't know if this is done yet tho.

As far as the complexity of making this kind of map... Banged this test version out in an hour or so. If someone wanted to go further with it I suggest you have one section completely done before pasting it over (for the teleport to line) before doing anything else. That way you aren't going back and forth editing both sections like I did. It would really get complex with say, 4 Marines but might be a pretty fun and hectic wad if done right.