Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

Plutonia sky3

As voiced in my very first thread, I do not like the 3rd sky featured in Plutonia, simply because it does not seem like a sky...the other skies in that wad are fine.

Has anyone ever seen Plutonia's sky3 used elsewhere in other wads? Just curious...

It is a bit shite aint it? i imagine its supposed to be the rocky interior of hell, covered with billions of people being tortured, stretching hundreds of miles above you...

I THINK one of the DSV wads, maybe DSV 3 used it...

I suggest reading the map20 victory message, it explains that you enter in the devil-hive, so the sky it's like a giant dome/cave made by demonic sustances (kinda like Aliens hive, just red, giant, and evil).

I always just though of it as the interior of some Demon that you somehow entered...well anyways, I never really liked it just because it looked really weird.

deathbringer said:

It is a bit shite aint it? i imagine its supposed to be the rocky interior of hell, covered with billions of people being tortured, stretching hundreds of miles above you...

I THINK one of the DSV wads, maybe DSV 3 used it...

none of them had it.

RjY said:

Looks quite head crushing for me. You shouldn't hate it.

SKY3 in Plutonis does seem rather tacky, but so does SKY3 in Doom 2. I love the other skies, though.

The storyline of Plutonia makes no sense anyway. You could swap any of the maps around and there would be no apparent lapse of consistency in theme. The level titles are also scarcely less ridiculous than those in Lemmings.

Slink said:

The level titles are also scarcely less ridiculous than those in Lemmings.

I'm making levels for Lemmings and I have also some ridiculous titles :p

I hate how they also used the sky for the intermission...but I guess they used (practiaclly) SKY3 of Doom 2 for intermission, even Ultimate Doom. (Recolored gray.)

dutch devil said:

These will look nice as wall textures for an hell map :) the red TNT sky is better imo.

Heheh, there's than pink skin wallpaper.

Bashe said:

SKY3 of Doom 2 for intermission, even Ultimate Doom. (Recolored gray.)

Well nobody knows for sure wich artwork was done first, but the "tortured skin-skulls" were used in DOOM 1 as textures, most probably the original artwork (outside the computer) looks so good that they couldn't resist to use it in the intermision pic from DOOM 2/E4, in the sky3 of DOOM 2, and the Poster/box of Master Levels.