Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ebon

Do people do wad passes?

Do you people from Doomworld make maps partially, then you pass them to someone you trust, so they'll have the job to finish it?

I did have made a pretty cool Shores-of-hell style map for Doom 1, back when I was younger, but I'll never manage to finish it.

To face it, this map was planned to be based on Terry Pratchett's "temple of Bel-Shamharoth"(sp?) from "The Colour of Magic"-the boss being a spiderdemon...
The map itself was constructed with WinDEU, and 'cause of that, I couldn't keep myself stuck into an octagon (the shape in the book). The result is a very complicated network of passages, niches and big verticalities, in a very creepy atmosphere (level is E2M6). It keeps in the style of sparse-but-deadly encounters, as with the later levels of e3.

If the map pass works, and if there's someone willing (& THRUSTWORTHY) to continue this map, then I'll be happy to share it. As for screenshots-I'll show them when they should be.

My map is definitely not a large project, although I'd be curious to see how it melds when constructed separately by two authors. The trouble is that I have no guarantee that the other person gives me full credit...

Look for the Zdoom community map, that was passed bewteen lots of authors who added bits and bits to it, its incredible, like a melding of loads of different styles (and one gigantic secret area that just keeps on going into new rooms and places), and theres even a serious sam style arena bit which is quite fun